So many people find themselves stuck, disillusioned, unmotivated, and prematurely giving up on their dreams.
Why is this?
Think about this before we answer that: do you measure your success against the progress you’ve made, or against the perfect ideal you have in mind for it to eventually be? Your answer could be your hurdle.
It is all about staying out of the GAP! That’s what we’re talking about in this week’s episode.
Tips, Tools, And Resources:
- You may not want everyone having your personal cell phone number
- Get your own business line
- Calls routed to your cell phone or the cell of someone else
- You select your business hours
- You know when it is a business call inbound
- Answer or send to voicemail
- Multiple extensions/voicemails
- Fax included
- Text included
- Multiple lines each account
- A fraction of the cost of traditional business line systems
I have been using Grasshopper for more than 5 years, and could not run my business without it!
Find out more at … BrianHolmes.com/grasshopper
- PICTURE or VISION of a possible future
- It does not exist outside of our minds
- As you move toward it, it moves further away
- The IDEAL is our perception of PERFECTION
- These represent our actual achievements, accomplishments, and state in life
- You embark on this journey, and you do so from a starting point … a beginning
- Each goal you achieve along the way represents a new current reality
Here is where the breakdown happens
- I leave my starting point with specific goals in mind
- My sense of value and accomplishment goes flying out of the window as I see myself through the eyes of having fallen short of perfection … again.
This thrusts us into a deeply negative attitude and mindset:
- Low Self-esteem
“Comparison is the thief of joy.” ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson
A BETTER WAY
- What if you measured yourself against PROGRESS instead?
- What if, instead of comparing where you are with where you ultimately WANT to be, you compare where you are against where you have COME FROM?
- Doing this keeps you in a POSITIVE mental and spiritual attitude and state
- High Self-esteem
- Enjoyment and Fulfillment
- Motivation and Energy
- Abundance and Joy
How Do We Do This?
- You become intentional about having a positive focus
- Every day, you celebrate the WINS and the PROGRESS you have made
- You choose to focus on what you DID get done
Retrain your brain, and get out of the GAP, once and for all.
- What is the “Ideal” you have been fixated on?
- What was or is your starting point?
- Have you made progress?
- Start a 30-day positive focus journey.
Here is my influencers challenge for you …
Summing it all up, friends, I’d say you’ll do best by filling your minds and meditating on things true, noble, reputable, authentic, compelling, gracious—the best, not the worst; the beautiful, not the ugly; things to praise, not things to curse. – Philippians 4:8
1. Strategic Influencers Mastermind
We have a few openings in our next-level mastermind group for Strategic Influencers just like YOU. The purpose of this group is to connect emerging leaders for sharing ideas, purposeful collaboration, relational and business accountability, and ultimately, each member realizing “NEXT-LEVEL PERFORMANCE!”
This is not a marketing effort to get people into a course. In fact, this is not a course and it is not coaching. I’m looking to grow my businesses in a co-operative environment and also share my knowledge and experience with those who are ready to take their life and their leadership to the next level.
For more information on this incredible opportunity, go to …
To apply for membership with the Strategic Influencers Mastermind Group, please click the link below, and you will be directed to an online application. Once you’ve completed the application, someone from our office will contact you to set up a short phone interview. Our desire is to serve you with excellence. The application process ensures you have all of your questions answered, and you and I are confident this group is a good fit for all involved. We look forward to hearing from you soon.
Subscribe to the Podcast
If you have enjoyed this podcast, please subscribe:
- Subscribe to our updates at www.BrianHolmes.com
- Subscribe to the podcast via iTunes, Stitcher, Blackberry, Zune, or other services.
Share the Love
I’d also be grateful if you would RATE OUR PODCAST ON iTunes. That helps tremendously with making my podcast visible, so people who have never heard it can discover it. I’m grateful. Share this with your friends and associates on Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Google+, etc.
Until next time, remember … You were made in His image, designed for a purpose, and are destined for greatness. The world is waiting for the REAL YOU to show up. God Bless!