To say distractions are rife would be an understatement. We are constantly bombarded with information in every form: advertisements, news, social media, bantering, etc.
With all we have coming at us, vying for our attention, it takes extreme discipline to stay on point, stay focused, and keep progressing.
In addition to the daily tasks that distract us, I’m really talking about shiny objects, rabbit trails, good work vs. great work, and so on.
If you want to win in your life, leadership, impact, you must develop the skills and the discipline of process, focus, and follow through.
That’s what I want to talk about today.
Tips, Tools, And Resources:
- Studies show each time you check your email, you lose 23 minutes of your time in switching back to the work you were doing.
- Multi-tasking actually leads to a 40% reduction in measurable productivity.
- This is why I’m recommending: The Freedom App
Shiny Objects & Idea Overload:
- When we commit to a project, goal, or some other meaningful endeavor, it is important we know how to properly handle the new information and deal with the constant flow of ideas coming to us.
- The Litmus Test For Ideas And Projects
- What: What are you compelled to create, do, or accomplish?
- Why: Can you identify the difference this will make in the lives of others? Why is it important?
- Who: Who are you supposed to be doing this with? (team members, cheerleaders, mastermind, etc.)
- Where: What area, industry, or people group does your proposed idea or project affect?
- How: Details, mechanics, components, systems, marketing, etc.
- Additional questions to ask:
- What does the completed product/project look like?
- What has to be true when this project is completed?
- What is the best result if you do take action?
- What is the worst result if you do not take action?
- Brain dump, prioritize, apply the litmus test, and decide what goes, what stays, and what might be filed away for 90 days.
- Every time you say “yes” to something, you are saying “no” to something else.
- USE THIS TEST to determine what you will say yes or no to!
- Marianne Williamson’s Book: A Return To Love
- The entire world is waiting for you to show up, make your contribution, and be an influencer for good.
- Many times, it is our fear and insecurity that paralyzes us and renders us motionless at the door of great opportunity.
- “Your playing small does not serve the world.”
- Embrace your greatness. Embrace your gifts. Embrace your talents, skills, and ability.
- Say YES to the opportunities afforded you.
- You are a difference maker!
- You are a world changer!
- Your life really matters!
1. Strategic Influencers Mastermind
We have a few openings in our next-level mastermind group for Strategic Influencers just like YOU. The purpose of this group is to connect emerging leaders for sharing ideas, purposeful collaboration, relational and business accountability, and ultimately, each member realizing “NEXT-LEVEL PERFORMANCE!”
This is not a marketing effort to get people into a course. In fact, this is not a course and it is not coaching. I’m looking to grow my businesses in a co-operative environment and also share my knowledge and experience with those who are ready to take their life and their leadership to the next level.
For more information on this incredible opportunity, go to …
To apply for membership with the Strategic Influencers Mastermind Group, please click the link below, and you will be directed to an online application. Once you’ve completed the application, someone from our office will contact you to set up a short phone interview. Our desire is to serve you with excellence. The application process ensures you have all of your questions answered, and you and I are confident this group is a good fit for all involved. We look forward to hearing from you soon.
Subscribe to the Podcast
If you have enjoyed this podcast, please subscribe:
- Subscribe to our updates at www.BrianHolmes.com
- Subscribe to the podcast via iTunes, Stitcher, Blackberry, Zune, or other services.
Share the Love
I’d also be grateful if you would RATE OUR PODCAST ON iTunes. That helps tremendously with making my podcast visible, so people who have never heard it can discover it. I’m grateful. Share this with your friends and associates on Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Google+, etc.
Until next time, remember … You were made in His image, designed for a purpose, and are destined for greatness. The world is waiting for the REAL YOU to show up. God Bless!