Our tendency as human beings is to live in past while being in the present. We tend to see our present and our tomorrow through the lens of yesterday.
In this episode, I want to challenge you with this thought: Right NOW is the best time for you to decide how your future will play out.
Where you’ve been is not where you are going!
- I was raised in a very traditional and legalistic Christian home.
- I moved to Jackson, MS, to attend Bible School. Then I dropped out!
- I traveled around the country and for 12 months, made my ’87 Honda Accord a “University on Wheels”.
- I met Sabrina in 1988, we married in 1989, and moved to Dallas.
- In 1996, I met Bishop Tudor Bismark and began traveling all over the world.
- I planted a church. Wrote a book. God continues to invite me on a journey to the unknown.
12 Things I’ve Learned On My Journey:
- Every place I have been, prepared me in some way for the next level.
- God invites us on a journey into unchartered areas. The choice is ours as to whether we go.
- If you say yes, you must be willing to leave the past behind you, and by faith, walk into what is unseen.
- Don’t look for familiar landmarks in new territory – they’re not there.
- What was excellent on the previous level is mediocre at best on the new level.
- Not every relationship you have will transition with you when you decide to go where God is taking you.
- New relationships (strategic relationships) always show up in our life at the right time.
- Be prepared for unexpected opportunities to present themselves to you.
- Set aside pre-suppositions, and allow the Holy Spirit to ignite creative ideas, uncanny methods, and relevant models for the assignment he has given you.
- Walk in the place where you are going.
- What you talk about is what you are committed to.
- One day is enough.
Brethren, I do not regard myself as having laid hold of it yet; but one thing I do: forgetting what lies behind and reaching forward to what lies ahead ~ Philippians 3:13
Ask Me A Question
If you have a question, comment, thought or concern, you can share those with me by clicking below or leave your comments (bottom of this post) and dialogue with others as they work towards their own freedom and development.
1. In September, we will be launching our Strategic Living Institute monthly seminar series here in the Dallas area. For more informaiton on that, visit brianholmes.com/seminars
2. Group coaching program – launching in Fall of 2015!
3. If you would like to have me speak at your church, conference, or event, please visit my speaking page at brianholmes.com/speaking
Subscribe to the Podcast
If you have enjoyed this podcast, please subscribe:
- Subscribe to our updates at www.BrianHolmes.com
- Subscribe to the podcast via iTunes, Stitcher, Blackberry, Zune, or other services.
Share the Love
I’d also be grateful if you would RATE OUR PODCAST ON iTunes. That helps tremendously with making my podcast visible, so people who have never heard it can discover it. I’m grateful. Share this with your friends and associates on Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Google+, etc.
Until next time, remember … You were made in His image, designed for a purpose, and are destined for greatness. The world is waiting for the REAL YOU to show up. God Bless!