Nothing Changes Until Something Changes!
Another year has come and gone, and with all of our ideas, plans and even dreams, WE have to change if our results are going to be different than 2014. So many people can imagine themselves out of debt, healthy and at an ideal weight, making more money, owning THAT house or vehicle, or starting that business, YET, so many struggle to make the necessary internal changes that bring about lasting and positive results.
The issue is not the WHAT, and sometimes it is not even the WHY. The real issue is that WHAT WILL YOU DO? The real issue is are we willing to make necessary changes, adjustments, re-arranging our priorities, applying discipline, structure, coaching, counsel? Are we willing to SHIFT our ways, so that we can SEE the change we desire? Someone once said, we have to BE the change we desire to see.
In this episode, I want to challenge you with this idea: It’s Another New Year ~ What Will You Do Different?
Real resolution REQUIRES corresponding and subsequent ACTION that causes the desired change to occur.
Here is a PROCESS I want to suggest that will help you gain clarity on what it is you want, and what steps you need to take to achieve the results you want in life.
- Pray … Ask your Father to open your eyes so you can SEE what He desires for you
- What do you want to look different ONE YEAR from now?
WRITE IT DOWN.
- Closer relationship with God
- Healed heart
- Better marriage
- Relationships with your children
- New job
- More money
- Debts paid off
- Health – ideal weight?
- New relationships
- Launch business
- Write book
- New home
- Your investments funded
- Married – you have to go where the prospects are!
- What dreams have you shelved
- You want to become a pilot?
- You want to get that degree?
- Somewhere you want to travel
- Describe it … See it
- Be extremely detailed
- Assign emotions to this vision/goal
- What will it be like when …?
- What will it look like?
- What will I feel?
- Ask yourself the following questions for EACH
- Do I really want this? Is it really important?
- Is it aligned with my purpose and God’s plans for my life?
- If yes, by what date do I commit to reaching this mark?
- Can I reach this goal doing what I am presently doing?
- Can I achieve this desire with my current resources, education, or relationships?
- Does my present environment help me or hurt me in aspiring to these results?
- What do I need to change?
- What do I need to do?
- What accountability or structure do I need to move towards this vision?
- What can I do TODAY to begin?
- Take Action TODAY
- Identify ONE or TWO changes, steps you ca take immediately and START
- What Do You Want?
- See it and Describe it
- Ask Questions
- Take Action NOW
2015 can (and should) be your BEST YEAR EVER. I encourage you to … Decide, resolve, re-focus, and take action! Make THIS the day you began the process of transformation and activation for your future. Make this the year that you BECOME all God has created you to be
Another New Year ~ What Will You Do Different?
Comment and Engage With Us
If you’d like to comment in this episode, please go to BrianHolmes.com/066, go to the show notes for this episode and scroll down to the comments section. I would love to hear from you—comment, question, or whatever.
Ask Me A Question
If you have a question, comment, though or concern, you can share those with me by clicking here or leave your comments (bottom of this post) and dialogue with others as they work towards their own freedom and development.
1. New Beginnings – February 27th-28th, 2015
- Reconcile the Past
- Awaken your dreams
- Develop a solid plan and strategy
- Be activated to create the life God designed you to live
2. New Website: January 31st – Features, tools, learning
3. Next week: A very special interview with John C. Morgan
4. Monday Mastery – New series on Personal Responsibility begins January 5th!
Subscribe to the Podcast
If you have enjoyed this podcast, please subscribe:
- Subscribe to our updates at www.BrianHolmes.com
- Subscribe to the podcast via iTunes, Stitcher, Blackberry, Zune, or other services.
Share the Love
I’d also be grateful if you would RATE OUR PODCAST ON iTunes. That helps tremendously with making my podcast visible, so people who have never heard it can discover it. I’m grateful. Share this with your friends and associates on Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Google+, etc.
“Until next time, remember … You were made in His image, designed for a purpose, and are destined for greatness. God Bless!