One of my most desired things is to live my life ABOVE AVERAGE
I believe with every fiber of my being that I am born to be great, and to be great only requires that I choose not to be average and ordinary. It is EASY to go with the flow. It is comfortable to compare ourselves against everyone else, making sure that we ‘MEASURE UP’ to what the world expects of us. It requires no real effort to maintain the status quo, or to fit in with those who follow the mundane masses into the deep doldrums of a more meaningless
But, what if I am created for MORE? What if you and I are destined to be in that small minority of people who RISE ABOVE the crowd just enough to lead, to influence, to affect change? What will it take? How do we do that?
ON today’s program, I want to share with you ‘7 Things That Will Separate You From The Crowd’
Deuteronomy 28 (NASB)
28 “Now it shall be, if you diligently obey the LORD your God, being careful to do all His commandments which I command you today, the LORD your God will set you high above all the nations of the earth.
7 Things That Will Separate You From The Crowd:
1. Know who you are
- You are a child of God … His son
- You are born for greatness, you have an assignment
- You are accepted and approved of by Him; you need no one else’s approval
- You do not have to BE like anyone, perform for anyone, or compromise for any reason
- Be comfortable in your own skin
2. Lead From Your Lane
- What is your personality style? (How are you wired?)
- What are your strengths and weaknesses?
- What are your talents, skills and abilities?
- Don’t pursue positions or titles, rather, pursue purpose and passions embedded in your DNA by God Himself
3. Serve others first
- My life is not my own
- Whatever I have, I have to give away
- Whatever talents and abilities, I possess them to solve some problem for someone
4. Be an encourager
- There is so much CRAP and noise out there today
- One way to stand out is to be a person who people look FORWARD to seeing or hearing from
- Be that person who brings positivity, grace, smiles, joy to the environment
- Be a person whose attitude exudes gratefulness, thankfulness, respect, honor, love, hope
- Speak encouraging words; speak life; speak peace
5. Listen more than you talk
- Everyone has an opinion about everything
- Sometimes, we actually have good advice we can give others
- What most people long for is someone who will listen FROM THE HEART
- What most people want is someone who will do life with them in a way that we don’t just express our sympathy, but rather, we crawl down in the trenches with someone and stay there until they come through
- This is real relationship!
6. Be teachable
- You don’t have to impress people with how much you know
- In fact, the older I get, the more I realize just how much I DON’T know
- Be a learner
- Observe, listen, read, learn
- Allow others to help you to see things you don’t see Be willing to take correction and accountability
- If you are the smartest person in the room, then you’re in the wrong room!
7. Be real
- No masks
- No pretense
- No hiding behind titles and positions
- Truly humble and authentically confident
- Transparent and open
- What You See Is What You get
WHAT ABOUT YOU?
What are you presently focused on that will make you a person who stands out from the crowd?
Will you continue to blend in, go along to get along, or will you rise above the rest and be the one others look to?
- We will be launching our new website in the next few weeks. Be watching for a BIG announcement.
- I will be releasing a new E-Book in conjunction with the launch of the new site. It is called, “The Four Cornerstones for Strategic Living’ – Building Your Life By Design.”
Ask Me A Question
If you have a question, comment, though or concern, you can share those with me by clicking here or leave your comments (bottom of this post) and dialogue with others as they work towards their own freedom and development.
Subscribe to the Podcast
If you have enjoyed this podcast, please subscribe:
- Subscribe to our updates at www.BrianHolmes.com
- Subscribe to the podcast via iTunes, Stitcher, Blackberry, Zune, or other services.
Share the Love
I’d also be grateful if you would RATE OUR PODCAST ON iTunes. That helps tremendously with making my podcast visible, so people who have never heard it can discover it. I’m grateful.
Share this with your friends and associates on Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Google+, etc.
“Until next time, remember … You were made in His image, designed for a purpose, and are destined for greatness. God Bless!