We live in a day where there are SO many opportunities to learn, grow, and consume great content. One of the most awesome ways is those mediums that come to us by way of the internet. What is really great is that ALL of these can be done on a computer, smart phone, tablet, or otherwise. This is the way I do SO MUCH of my personal development. This is the way I feed my mind and spirit on a regular basis. I am asked all the time, Brian, what do you listen to; what do you read? Well today, I’m going to share with you ‘The 5 Blogs and Podcasts’ that I never miss.
1 The proverbs of Solomon son of David, king of Israel:
2 for gaining wisdom and instruction; for understanding words of insight;
3 for receiving instruction in prudent behavior, doing what is right and just and fair;
4 for giving prudence to those who are simple, knowledge and discretion to the young—
5 let the wise listen and add to their learning, and let the discerning get guidance—
6 for understanding proverbs and parables, the sayings and riddles of the wise.
7 The fear of the Lord is the beginning of knowledge,but fools despise wisdom and instruction.
One of my governing values is ‘I AM A LEARNER’. In today’s hectic and busy culture, I find that we have to be very disciplined and intentional if we are going to consistently be feeding our mind and spirit
Obviously we recommend READING books; I am on my 7th book this year. A wonderful way to do this on the go is with audiobooks (AUDIBLE.com). The truth is, however, that we are trending towards a very different way of consuming information. We enjoy doing it in BITE SIZES. We also seem to do better when the information is organized, and even fed to us in regular increments.
Some great ways of achieving this are:
- Identify the voices that speak TO YOU
- What kind of content challenges you, motivates you, and pushes you to go higher?
- Subscribe to these individual’s RSS feeds, podcasts, EMail lists
- This way you receive WHAT you want, WHEN you want it, and WHERE you want it
- Feedly or other RSS feed readers
For me, blogs and podcasts are my primary way of consuming the information I need to grow daily.
5 Blogs and Podcasts I Never Miss
1. Michael Hyatt (Podcast and Blog)
- About Intentional Leadership
- Over 100 Episodes in iTunes
- Subjects ranging from Finding Mentors, Developing New habits, Building Your Platform, Getting your message out, Balanced Living, Developing Great Presentations, Taking Care of Body, Getting Rest, The Practice of Stillness, How To Discern your calling, and so much more
- He has recently changed the format of his podcast, and now has a wonderful co host, Michele Kushatt
2. Lance Wallnau (Blog and YouTube)
- Catalytic thought leader
- Trainer and consultant
- Leading voice in the world on the 7 mountains
- Prophetic insight into the church and it’s future
- His blog posts challenge my thinking and give tremendous revelation
- YouTube Channel
3. Ray Edwards (Podcast and Blog)
- My friend and colleague
- Ray is a unique and powerful leader in the internet marketing world
- He has mastered the art of blending his faith, leadership, and business acumen into one of the most useful and impactful blogs and podcasts available
- I love how he unabashedly lives his faith THROUGH his business, and communicates timeless principles from the Word of God that apply in every area of our lives
- On his podcast and blog, you will find helpful posts on leadership, life, business, marketing, productivity, and spiritual development.
4. Dan Miller (Podcast and Blog)
- 48 Days to The Work You Love
- Dan has mentored and coached thousands of people of the last number of years
- He teaches and believes, as I do, that you CAN find work that you love; you can become engaged in what it is God has created you to do, and do so in a way that is rewarding, fulfilling, and even profitable
- Dan has become not only a cherished friend in my life,but a real mentor.
- His podcast is one that I do not miss, ever. While I am not looking for a new career or job, his podcast inspires me to think outside the box; connect the desires of my heart to the skills I possess and opportunities that are before me
- 48Days.com and 48Days.net
5. Dani Johnson (Podcast and Blog)
- Dani is one of the most powerful ladies I know
- She has an amazing story that begins in a a drug infested home, and experiencing years of emotional, physical, and sexual abuse. She literally was homeless and destitute, and by God’s grace, she came up out of that to become a powerful trainer and equipper of people in the areas of success, financial freedom, and spiritual development.
- Like Ray Edwards, I LOVE the way she teaches timeless principles but integrates her faith and the power of God into the mix.
Other Podcasts and Blogs I Consume Regularly
1. DFW Mastermind: If you are interested in being a part of a Mastermind group in the Dallas/Ft. Worth area, please contact me HERE
2. Become A Coaching Client – I still have several openings for personal coaching clients. If you would like to have ME coach you in your business, general life strategies, or in any other area, please CONTACT ME for a free 30 minute consultation.
3. If you would like to have me speak at your church, conference, or event, please visit my speaking page at www.brianholmes.com/speaking How can you join the conversation and be a part?
- Subscribe to our updates at www.BrianHolmes.com
- Subscribe to the podcast via iTunes, Stitcher, Blackberry, Zune, or other services.
- Share this with your friends and associates on Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Google+, etc.
- Leave your comments (bottom of this post) and dialogue with others as they work towards their own freedom and development
I trust that something we’ve shared today has challenged you to pursue God’s very best for your life, be healed from the past, be transformed in your mind and heart, and be activated to fulfill your unique purpose and destiny.
If you’d like to COMMENT ON THIS EPISODE, please go to BrianHolmes.com, go to the show notes for this episode and scroll down to the comments section. I would love to hear from you— comment, question, or whatever.
I’d also be grateful if you would RATE OUR PODCAST ON iTunes. That helps tremendously with making my podcast visible, so people who have never heard it can discover it. I’m grateful.
“Until next time, remember … You were made in His image, designed for a purpose, and are destined for greatness. God Bless!