We talk often about the fact that God has specific PLANS for each of our lives – (Jeremiah 29:11). We also believe that every one of us were born for, and with, a purpose; a unique assignment – (Jeremiah 1). We further understand that each of us are given unique GIFTS, graces, talents, skills, abilities; and that our unique gifts are intended to FIT TOGETHER with other’s uniqueness’s to form ONE BODY (I Cor. 12)
It is obvious in scripture that God did NOT intend for His Body to be uniform; every part exactly the same; every person looking, sounding, saying, and doing the same things. In fact, diversity is seen in every part of God’s design. We all identify IN CHRIST, but we all possess a unique identity, purpose, calling, and destiny.
So how do we discover, develop, and deliver on our unique design? How do we engage our purpose and calling? In this episode, I am going to introduce to you the 7 Steps each person must go through to achieve Destiny Activation.
7 Steps to Destiny Activation
The Psalmist David was a master at this. He regularly looked INWARD, and considered his heart, his ways, his path, and the direction his life was taking. In order to move beyond where you have been or where you are, it is imperative to understand what got you here.
- Beliefs, mindsets, attitudes, fears, etc.
- One must be willing to ASK the hard questions
- Am I happy doing what I am doing?
- Am I fulfilled?
- Am I doing what I was created to do?
- Is my life glorifying God and His Kingdom?
- What habits do I live, and are they serving God’s plans for my life
90% of WHERE you are is a result of what is on the inside; NOT because of external issues
And do not be conformed to this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind, so that you may prove what the will of God is, that which is good and acceptable and perfect. – Romans 12:2
Transformation is the movement FROM one thing TO another; or one WAY to another. It is the operation of changing one configuration or expression into another: a change of variables or coordinates in which a function of new variables or coordinates is substituted for each original variable or coordinate. If I continue to allow the world to CONFORM me into its image or way of thinking, I will continue to see the same results and outcome.
- Who Are You, and Why Are You here?
- What is my purpose?
- What sphere am I called to engage and influence?
- What people group am I born to impact?
- The I AM factor
This is the process of discovering, honing in on, and getting clear on the WHAT, the WHY, and the HOW
- Spiritual headship and alignment
- Covering and accountability
- Strategic connections and influences
- Partnerships and alliances
- Collaboration and connectedness
15 Be diligent (STUDY) to present yourself approved to God as a workman who does not need to be ashamed, accurately handling the word of truth. – 2 Timothy 2:15
You cannot give what you do not have. It is important to know that God does NOT anoint ignorance or lack of ability. The anointing enhances and multiplies what you already possess. School, certifications, read books, learn a skill or trade, speaking, writing, etc. If you are called to be a writer, you must become a student of writing, etc. Some examples are:
- Olympics – these people prepare YEARS for a 30 second performance
- Jesus prepared 30 years for a 3 year gig
The apostles commended gifts to the larger body of people. In the Hebrew culture, and in many other cultures around the world, son’s are blessed and affirmed by their fathers. Workers were sent FROM the place where they had proven their gift and faithfulness. Jesus, before he was activated in His purpose was affirmed publicly by the Father. “This is my beloved son in whom I am well pleased!”
1. Speaking in Houston on February 16, 2014 – www.BrianHolmes.com/itinerary
2. Become A Coaching Client – I still have several openings for personal coaching clients. If you would like to have ME coach you in your business, general life strategies, or in any other area, please CONTACT ME for a free 30 minute consultation.
3. If you would like to have me speak at your church, conference, or event, please visit my speaking page at www.brianholmes.com/speaking
How can you join the conversation and be a part?
- Subscribe to our updates at www.BrianHolmes.com
- Subscribe to the podcast via iTunes, Stitcher, Blackberry, Zune, or other services.
- Share this with your friends and associates on Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Google+, etc.
- Leave your comments (bottom of this post) and dialogue with others as they work towards their own freedom and development
I trust that something we’ve shared today has challenged you to pursue God’s very best for your life, be healed from the past, be transformed in your mind and heart, and be activated to fulfill your unique purpose and destiny.
If you’d like to COMMENT ON THIS EPISODE, please go to BrianHolmes.com, go to the show notes for this episode and scroll down to the comments section. I would love to hear from you— comment, question, or whatever.
I’d also be grateful if you would RATE OUR PODCAST ON iTunes. That helps tremendously with making my podcast visible, so people who have never heard it can discover it. I’m grateful.
“Until next time, remember … You were made in His image, designed for a purpose, and are destined for greatness. God Bless!