Every person has the capacity to DREAM, and to see their dream become a reality. In fact, I believe that God Himself puts these dreams and desires in our hearts, and that they are actually there to serve our greater purpose and destiny.
I dreamed about flying throughout my childhood. I was obsessed with aviation, and knew that one day I would fly. There was a season in my life, however, where I lost sight of the dream. Life had muddied the waters, and I could not see that the dream would ever materialize.
- Have you ever dreamed about something really BIG?
- Is there a passion or desire that you gave up on long ago?
- Have you put your dreams and ideas on the shelf, and given up hope of ever seeing those become your reality?
God longs to give you the desires of your heart, BUT, you have to re-visit those desires and passions, and Awaken the Dreams Within!
In this episode, we look at 5 Things You Can Do To AWAKEN Your DREAMS!
3 Trust in the Lord and do good; Dwell in the land and cultivate faithfulness. 4 Delight yourself in the Lord; And He will give you the desires of your heart.
10 “For as the rain and the snow come down from heaven,
And do not return there without watering the earth
And making it bear and sprout,
And furnishing seed to the sower and bread to the eater;
11 So will My word be which goes forth from My mouth;
It will not return to Me empty,
Without accomplishing what I desire,
And without succeeding in the matter for which I sent it.
We are talking about new beginnings. One of the components of experiencing a New Beginning is getting in touch with the deeply embedded (and often forgotten) dreams we have in our heart. You might say, well Brian, I don’t really have any dreams. Well, I strongly believe that every one of us have dreams; every one of us have desires that have been in our hearts, sometimes for many years. These dreams might be to own a certain type of vehicle. It might be to fly an airplane or build and business. Your dream might be to write a book; act on Broadway, to sing on a big stage, or record your own album.
The challenge for most of us is that somewhere along the way, our dreams get coved up by life. Bad things happen; someone tells us to get our head out of the clouds; we experience a great failure or trauma … OR, somehow we just don’t believe we are worthy of such a dream, we’re not capable, not smart enough, etc.
Whatever the case, our dreams get squelched, squashed, covered over by the muck and mire that life brings. After a while, we just dismiss the possibilities, and accept life as it has been given to us. We settle for average and ordinary. We decide to be content with LESS THAN what God has determined HE wants for our life.
- WHERE DO DREAMS COME FROM?
- WHERE DO THESE INHERENT DESIRES ORIGINATE?
- WHY DO WE HAVE PASSIONS AND INTERESTS IN CERTAIN AREAS AND NOT IN OTHERS?
- WHERE DID THAT IDEA COME FROM IN THE FIRST PLACE?
Well I believe they come from God Himself. You see, we believe that every human being is born with a purpose, a calling, an assignment. Your life has meaning, but not random meaning. It has specific and purposeful meaning. Since this is true, it stands to reason that the creator would actually drop thoughts, ideas, desires, and dreams in your mind and heart that point you to that purpose.
You see, those dreams you have filed away are actually HIS dreams for you. They are the Father’s desire for your life, for your success, and for His ultimate purpose in you
5 Things You Can Do To AWAKEN Your DREAMS
- Identify your passions
- Revisit your old dreams
- Write them down: include great detail
- Create a DREAM/VISION board
- Pray over each dream daily, asking God to make His dreams alive in you again
Something you are dreaming about is someone else’s answer. Some idea you are carrying is the solution to a problem. Some desire you have in your heart will carry you places you never thought possible.
God Himself is vested in your dreams. They are, in fact, His dreams for your life
All men dream, but not equally. Those who dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds, wake in the day to find that it was vanity: but the dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they may act on their dreams with open eyes, to make them possible. – T. E. Lawrence
- What DREAMS have you long ago given up on?
- What desires and passions have you allowed to slip away?
- What do you sense God calling you to awaken within our heart?
If you’d like to COMMENT ON THIS EPISODE, please go to BrianHolmes.com/024, go to the show notes for this episode and scroll down to the comments section. I would love to hear from you— comment, question, or whatever.
1. New Beginnings LIVE Workshop: January 25th – Dallas, Texas
- How to let go of your past (once and for all)
- How to re-ignite your dreams
- How to develop a strategic plan for 2014 and beyond
- Be activated for the new season God is bringing you into
- For more information, visit www.BrianHolmes.com/newbeginnings
3. Become A Coaching Client – I still have several openings for personal coaching clients. If you would like to have ME coach you in your business, general life strategies, or in any other area, please CONTACT ME for a free 30 minute consultation.
4. If you would like to have me speak at your church, conference, or event, please visit my speaking page at www.brianholmes.com/speaking
How can you join the conversation and be a part?
- Subscribe to our updates at www.BrianHolmes.com
- Subscribe to the podcast via iTunes, Stitcher, Blackberry, Zune, or other services.
- Share this with your friends and associates on Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Google+, etc.
- Leave your comments (bottom of this post) and dialogue with others as they work towards their own freedom and development
I trust that something we’ve shared today has challenged you to pursue God’s very best for your life, be healed from the past, be transformed in your mind and heart, and be activated to fulfill your unique purpose and destiny.
If you’d like to COMMENT ON THIS EPISODE, please go to BrianHolmes.com, go to the show notes for this episode and scroll down to the comments section. I would love to hear from you— comment, question, or whatever.
I’d also be grateful if you would RATE OUR PODCAST ON iTunes. That helps tremendously with making my podcast visible, so people who have never heard it can discover it. I’m grateful.
“Until next time, remember … You were made in His image, designed for a purpose, and are destined for greatness. God Bless!