How often do you take time to consider the blessings in your life?
- Are you a chronic complainer? Is the glass always half-empty?
- How often do you express your gratefulness for, or even TO others?
- Do you have an attitude of gratitude?
This is a special edition episode, specifically designed to help you focus your heart and attention on Thankfulness and Gratefulness.
Bless the LORD, O my soul, And all that is within me, bless His holy name. Bless the LORD, O my soul, And forget none of His benefits; Who pardons all your iniquities, Who heals all your diseases; Who redeems your life from the pit, Who crowns you with lovingkindness and compassion; Who satisfies your years with good things, So that your youth is renewed like the eagle. The LORD performs righteous deeds And judgments for all who are oppressed. He made known His ways to Moses, His acts to the sons of Israel. The LORD is compassionate and gracious, Slow to anger and abounding in lovingkindness. He will not always strive with us, Nor will He keep His anger forever. He has not dealt with us according to our sins, Nor rewarded us according to our iniquities. For as high as the heavens are above the earth, So great is His lovingkindness toward those who fear Him. As far as the east is from the west, So far has He removed our transgressions from us. Just as a father has compassion on his children, So the LORD has compassion on those who fear Him. ~ Psalm 103:1-13
David’s Heart of Thankfulness
In Psalm 103, David gives us a wonderful track to run on, as there are specific things for which he expresses his thankfulness.
David says …
- I am thankful FIRST to God, because He is God
- He is the One who CREATED me
- He is the one who leads me
- I am HIS possession (the sheep of His pasture
- He loves me
- He is ever faithful towards me
- He pardons all my iniquities
- Heals all my diseases
- Redeems me from the pit
- Crowns me with loving-kindness and compassion
- Satisfies my years with good things
- My youth is renewed like the eagle
- He performs righteous deeds and judgments on my behalf
- He is compassionate towards me
- He is gracious towards me
- He is slow to anger, and abounds in love
MY CHALLENGE TO YOU:
- Take a few minutes each day to consider what you are thankful for.
- Write it down on a list or in a journal.
- If you are thankful for a person, tell them.
- Thank God each day for the things you’re grateful for.
Shout joyfully to the LORD, all the earth. Serve the LORD with gladness; Come before Him with joyful singing. Know that the LORD Himself is God; It is He who has made us, and not we ourselves; We are His people and the sheep of His pasture. Enter His gates with thanksgiving And His courts with praise; Give thanks to Him, bless His name. For the LORD is good; His lovingkindness is everlasting; And His faithfulness to all generations. ~ Psalm 100
Ask Me A Question
If you have a question, comment, thought or concern, you can share those with me by clicking below or leave your comments (bottom of this post) and dialogue with others as they work towards their own freedom and development.
Subscribe to the Podcast
If you have enjoyed this podcast, please subscribe:
- Subscribe to our updates at www.BrianHolmes.com
- Subscribe to the podcast via iTunes, Stitcher, Blackberry, Zune, or other services.
Share the Love
I’d also be grateful if you would RATE OUR PODCAST ON iTunes. That helps tremendously with making my podcast visible, so people who have never heard it can discover it. I’m grateful. Share this with your friends and associates on Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Google+, etc.
Until next time, remember … You were made in His image, designed for a purpose, and are destined for greatness. The world is waiting for the REAL YOU to show up. God Bless!