Tired eyes rarely see a good future, and a tired mind rarely makes good decisions.” ~ Mike Murdock
One of the most damning traits of the western culture is an obsession with being busy. There is a false supposition many have bought into: if you are not busy doing something, you are not valuable.
In the US, a staggering percentage of people experience depression, hypertension, disease, and so many other challenges, and so much of this is tied to stress, anxiety, and lack of REST.
This episode, I want to talk to you about real rest: living from a place of stillness and quiet, even in the midst of chaos. I want to talk to you about being intentional with your life (living strategically), and re-centering in the rest that God has provided us. Today, let’s discuss Practicing the Principle of Rest.
The Value of Being Still:
He says “Cease striving and know that I am God; I will be exalted among the nations, I will be exalted in the earth.” The LORD of hosts is with us; The God of Jacob is our stronghold. Selah. ~ Psalm 46:10-11 [NASB]
There is incredible value in being still. Being still (and quiet) allows us to:
- Regroup; re-center; re-connect with the One who holds our world in His hands
- De-clutter and de-compress
- Hear HIS VOICE and know HIS PLANS
- Position ourselves for change and transition
- Find peace, confidence, and the courage to go forward
So there remains a Sabbath rest for the people of God. For the one who has entered His rest has himself also rested from his works, as God did from His. Therefore let us be diligent to enter that rest, so that no one will fall, through following the same example of disobedience. For the word of God is living and active and sharper than any two-edged sword, and piercing as far as the division of soul and spirit, of both joints and marrow, and able to judge the thoughts and intentions of the heart. And there is no creature hidden from His sight, but all things are open and laid bare to the eyes of Him with whom we have to do.
Therefore, since we have a great high priest who has passed through the heavens, Jesus the Son of God, let us hold fast our confession. For we do not have a high priest who cannot sympathize with our weaknesses, but One who has been tempted in all things as we are, yet without sin. Therefore let us draw near with confidence to the throne of grace, so that we may receive mercy and find grace to help in time of need.
Practicing Sabbath (rest) positions us to receive mercy and grace!
12 Benefits to Practicing the Principle of Rest:
- It allows you to repair
- It allows you to reboot
- It allows you to be renewed
- It allows you to receive (or be filled up)
- It allows you to rebuild
- It allows you to see more clearly
- It allows you to hear God’s voice more clearly
- It gives us confidence to draw close to Him
- It provides you with peace that is not comprehensible
- It provides you freedom from expectations of others
- It allows you to release more of your creativity and potential
- It shifts our focus from what we can do to what God can do when we walk with Him
- Are you tired, burned out, frustrated?
- Do you feel like you are living your life to please others?
- Are you stressed and anxious about your future?
- Do you feel as if you have to perform in order to feel accepted, loved, and approved of?
1. Strategic Influencers Mastermind
We have recently expanded for a few openings in our next-level mastermind group for Strategic Influencers just like YOU. The purpose of this group is to connect emerging leaders for sharing ideas, purposeful collaboration, relational and business accountability, and ultimately, each member realizing “NEXT-LEVEL PERFORMANCE!”
This is not a marketing effort to get people into a course. In fact, this is not a course and it is not coaching. I’m looking to grow my businesses in a co-operative environment and also share my knowledge and experience with those who are ready to take their life and their leadership to the next level.
For more information on this incredible opportunity, go to …
To apply for membership with the Strategic Influencers Mastermind Group, please click the link below, and you will be directed to an online application. Once you’ve completed the application, someone from our office will contact you to set up a short phone interview. Our desire is to serve you with excellence. The application process ensures you have all of your questions answered, and you and I are confident this group is a good fit for all involved. We look forward to hearing from you soon.
Subscribe to the Podcast
If you have enjoyed this podcast, please subscribe:
- Subscribe to our updates at www.BrianHolmes.com
- Subscribe to the podcast via iTunes, Stitcher, Blackberry, Zune, or other services.
Share the Love
I’d also be grateful if you would RATE OUR PODCAST ON iTunes. That helps tremendously with making my podcast visible, so people who have never heard it can discover it. I’m grateful. Share this with your friends and associates on Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Google+, etc.
Until next time, remember … You were made in His image, designed for a purpose, and are destined for greatness. The world is waiting for the REAL YOU to show up. God Bless!