So far in our sessions, we’ve covered the fact change is inevitable. Transition is an absolute in our life, but how we deal with it varies tremendously. In order to experience a meaningful – and successful – transition, there are four stages each person needs to walk through. We’ve uncovered the first stage of Discontent, and today, we’re talking about stage two: Disconnect.
There is a stark reality of being emotionally tethered to unhealthy relationships, careers, or environments. We are connecting, collaborative people! It’s natural and normal to become engaged with people, ideas, and contexts with which we carry out our daily lives. However, if you’re being pulled in a new direction and if the state you’re presently in is no longer satisfying, a healthy crisis is about to ensue.
That said, you’ll be faced with the oftentimes challenging task of letting go, leaving behind, or DISCONNECTING from those things.
Merriam Webster’s dictionary defines disconnect as follows: To separate something from something else; to break a connection between two or more things. To sever the connection of or between. To terminate a connection. To become detached from or to withdraw.
Things You May Have To Disconnect From:
- Roles/Titles/Sense of Identity
- People-pleasing (a must!)
7 Things To Know About The Process of Disconnecting:
- What was excellent on the previous level is mediocre (at best) on the new level.
- Not every relationship will follow you through transition.
- Most people need you to be the same person they’ve always known you to be.
- Your worth and value are not deteremined by the role or title you fill.
- Disconnecting does not require you to deny the blessings, benefits, or value from your previous season of life.
- Give yourself permission to grieve.
- If you refuse to disconnect from what’s anchoring you to your past, you’ll be stuck in discontent.
- Are you faced with the opportunity to disconnect from someone? Something?
- Disconnect is no easy feat, but it is entirely necessary.
- Wherever you are in this process, be encouraged!
- You will find the strength and courage to get through on the other side.
- Next week – Reconaissance.
1. NEW BOOK is out!
The 4 Cornerstones For Strategic Living is available on Amazon.com or on our website!
2. Strategic Influencers Mastermind
We are launching a brand new, next-level mastermind group for Strategic Influencers just like YOU. The purpose of this group is to connect emerging leaders for sharing ideas, purposeful collaboration, relational and business accountability, and ultimately, each member realizing “NEXT-LEVEL PERFORMANCE!”
This is not a marketing effort to get people into a course. In fact, this is not a course and it is not coaching. I’m looking to grow my businesses in a co-operative environment and also share my knowledge and experience with those who are ready to take their life and their leadership to the next level.
For more information on this incredible opportunity, go to …
To apply for membership with the Strategic Influencers Mastermind Group, please click the link below, and you will be directed to an online application. Once you’ve completed the application, someone from our office will contact you to set up a short phone interview. Our desire is to serve you with excellence. The application process ensures you have all of your questions answered, and you and I are confident this group is a good fit for all involved. We look forward to hearing from you soon.
3. Coaching Openings! I currently have TWO openings for coaching clients. If you desire to take your life and leadership to the next level and are ready to make an investment in your future, I invite you to contact me by going to my coaching page.
Subscribe to the Podcast
If you have enjoyed this podcast, please subscribe:
- Subscribe to our updates at www.BrianHolmes.com
- Subscribe to the podcast via iTunes, Stitcher, Blackberry, Zune, or other services.
Share the Love
I’d also be grateful if you would RATE OUR PODCAST ON iTunes. That helps tremendously with making my podcast visible, so people who have never heard it can discover it. I’m grateful. Share this with your friends and associates on Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Google+, etc.
Until next time, remember … You were made in His image, designed for a purpose, and are destined for greatness. The world is waiting for the REAL YOU to show up. God Bless!