If you’ve not heard our previous two episodes (#179 and #181) in this series on transition, I’d encourage you to give them a listen, as I’m confident they will increase your understanding for what we’re going to unpack today.
So far in this series, we have laid a solid foundation for understanding what transition is, and shared an overview of the four stages of transition and their importance in this process.
We want to dive a little deeper and begin to unpack each of the four stages so you can better understand the need, significance, nuances and indicators of entering transition
In this session, we will be dealing with stage #1, and talking about the uncomfortable yet necessary feeling of DISCONTENT.
The attitude or condition of discontent is generally looked upon in a less-than-positive light, and as a result, a culture and prevailing mindset have locked people into their present circumstances, and multitudes have gone to their graves never having discovered what was possible beyond discontent.
Merriam Webster’s dictionary defines discontent as follows: Restless aspiration for improvement or change; The condition of not being satisfied.
10 Indicators of Discontent:
- An inner awareness something is calling you
- An insatiable (yet healthy) desire for something fresh, new, and more fulfilling
- A real sense of possibility, but …
- No idea what it is or how to engage it
- The evident lack of passion for your current situation
- An elevated need to find fault and criticize
- A lack of motivation or drive
- Loss or decline in creativity
- Borderline (or full on) depression (weight gain, etc.)
- Self-imposed isolation (the cave)
5 Things You Can Do To Leverage Discontent:
- Fully embrace it as your friend
- Give in to the “new thing” tugging on your heart
- Say yes to the possibility of a different and more fulfilling future
- Release yourself from the need to figure it out
- Commit to the process, and take it one day at a time
“Living things grow, and growing things change” ~ Unknown
- Are you sensing a deep sense of discontent or dissatisfaction?
- Are you lacking the passion and drive you once had?
- Are you lethargic or even depressed?
- On a more positive note, are you hungry for MORE, and are you feeling something new calling to you?
- Stay plugged in, and stay tuned
- Remember, discontent is your friend!
- Embrace it, walk it out, and you will successfully transition to stage #2.
- Next week … DISCONNECT
1. NEW BOOK is out!
The 4 Cornerstones For Strategic Living is available on Amazon.com or on our website!
2. Strategic Influencers Mastermind
We are launching a brand new, next-level mastermind group for Strategic Influencers just like YOU. The purpose of this group is to connect emerging leaders for sharing ideas, purposeful collaboration, relational and business accountability, and ultimately, each member realizing “NEXT-LEVEL PERFORMANCE!”
This is not a marketing effort to get people into a course. In fact, this is not a course and it is not coaching. I’m looking to grow my businesses in a co-operative environment and also share my knowledge and experience with those who are ready to take their life and their leadership to the next level.
For more information on this incredible opportunity, go to …
To apply for membership with the Strategic Influencers Mastermind Group, please click the link below, and you will be directed to an online application. Once you’ve completed the application, someone from our office will contact you to set up a short phone interview. Our desire is to serve you with excellence. The application process ensures you have all of your questions answered, and you and I are confident this group is a good fit for all involved. We look forward to hearing from you soon.
3. Coaching Openings! I currently have TWO openings for coaching clients. If you desire to take your life and leadership to the next level and are ready to make an investment in your future, I invite you to contact me by going to my coaching page.
Subscribe to the Podcast
If you have enjoyed this podcast, please subscribe:
- Subscribe to our updates at www.BrianHolmes.com
- Subscribe to the podcast via iTunes, Stitcher, Blackberry, Zune, or other services.
Share the Love
I’d also be grateful if you would RATE OUR PODCAST ON iTunes. That helps tremendously with making my podcast visible, so people who have never heard it can discover it. I’m grateful. Share this with your friends and associates on Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Google+, etc.
Until next time, remember … You were made in His image, designed for a purpose, and are destined for greatness. The world is waiting for the REAL YOU to show up. God Bless!