Recently, I’ve noticed I’m increasingly emotionally and spiritually toxic. I’m easily agitated and find I entertain fear and worry more than before. My usual hope-centered self has been clouded by gloom and doom.
But why? How? Have I changed? Looking closely at this and asking God to help me understand what’s going on inside, I’ve come to the answer I am infected.
A present-day cultural disease has fundamentally affected my spirit, soul, and even my physical body. Therefore, I’ve decided to make some radical adjustments to my normal activities and exposures. I want to invite you to consider joining me on Project Detox: My 90-Day Quest for a Healthier Mind, Body, and Spirit.
We have so many mediums through which we contract our “informational infection”. A few of them are:
- News broadcasts
- Online news sites
- Television shows (featuring crime, death, degraded culture, etc.)
- Radio programs
- Fear-based advertising/marketing
- Talk shows
- Day-to-day conversations (with negative people or centered on negative topics)
- Workplace debates
Changing The Rules Of The Game:
- Taking myself out of the field of play.
- Refusing to be a willing spectator any longer.
- Taking control of my mind and heart.
- Reclaiming sanctity of the environment I live in.
- Turning off the noise, and being intentionally selective of the inputs I allow into my spirit and mind.
Remember G.I.G.O! (Garbage In – Garbage Out!)
3 Precursors to a Successful Detox:
- Recognize and acknowledge your current condition.
- Decide to no longer be a willing consumer of toxic inputs and agendas.
- Identify specific channels you must unplug from in order to achieve a spiritual and emotional detox.
The Detox Rx:
Detox involves both elimination and replacement. While purging the system of all the negative elements, it is essential to replace them with healthy, beneficial, nutrient-rich elements. The same is true in this kind of detox.
For the next 90-days (and possibly beyond!) I will be eliminating the following items from my life:
- All news or journalistic inputs (TV, Radio, and Internet)
- All Radio Talk Show Programs
- All E-Mail Subscriptions/Updates that are unrelated to my business and personal life (I am unsubscribing!)
- All television shows (No TV for 90 days)
- All social conversations about politics, world affairs, the economy, etc. (I will NOT participate)
- All social interactions where I would be around negative, fear-driven people
- If necessary, suspend relationships with people who are themselves toxic
As important is my plan for REPLACING these negative inputs with positive, life building ones.
The Replacement Regimen:
Here are the positive, beneficial elements I’ll be refueling myself with instead:
- Daily Bible Reading: Audio Bible App
- Daily sermon (Andrew Wommack, Lance Wallnau, Bill Johnson, others)
- Worship Time
- Daily book reading (Audible/Kindle Combo)
- Daily personal development program (Jim Rohn, Les Brown, Earl Nightengale, Brian Tracy, others)
- Mastermind Input and Accountability
- Time with positive and balanced friends and family
What About You?
- Are you immersed in toxic ramblings of the political world?
- Are you addicted to negative news cycles and consequently being intoxicated with fear, hopelessness, and strife?
- Are you constantly taking in visual or audible stimulation that causes your mind to dwell on the bad in this world?
- Are you escaping life by immersing yourself in television dramas and entertainment?
- How is your heart? How is your attitude?
- Are you being honest with yourself about your current mental, emotional, and spiritual state?
- Do you need a break?
- Are you in need of a real DETOX?
- Remember Philippians 4:4-8:
- Rejoice in the Lord always; again I will say, rejoice! Let your gentle spirit be known to all men. The Lord is near. Be anxious for nothing, but in everything by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known to God. And the peace of God, which surpasses all comprehension, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus.Finally, brethren, whatever is true, whatever is honorable, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is of good repute, if there is any excellence and if anything worthy of praise, dwell on these things.
1. Subscribe to our weekly email update on brianholmes.com
2. Continue this conversation on Facebook! I invite you to join me for 90 days. Reclaim your environment, reclaim your heart, and reclaim hope and possibility.
The 4 Cornerstones for Strategic Living: Our gift to you!
2. Strategic Influencers Mastermind
We are launching a brand new, next-level mastermind group for Strategic Influencers just like YOU. The purpose of this group is to connect emerging leaders for sharing ideas, purposeful collaboration, relational and business accountability, and ultimately, each member realizing “NEXT-LEVEL PERFORMANCE!”
This is not a marketing effort to get people into a course. In fact, this is not a course and it is not coaching. I’m looking to grow my businesses in a co-operative environment and also share my knowledge and experience with those who are ready to take their life and their leadership to the next level.
For more information on this incredible opportunity, go to …
To apply for membership with the Strategic Influencers Mastermind Group, please click the link below, and you will be directed to an online application. Once you’ve completed the application, someone from our office will contact you to set up a short phone interview. Our desire is to serve you with excellence. The application process ensures you have all of your questions answered, and you and I are confident this group is a good fit for all involved. We look forward to hearing from you soon.
Subscribe to the Podcast
If you have enjoyed this podcast, please subscribe:
- Subscribe to our updates at www.BrianHolmes.com
- Subscribe to the podcast via iTunes, Stitcher, Blackberry, Zune, or other services.
Share the Love
I’d also be grateful if you would RATE OUR PODCAST ON iTunes. That helps tremendously with making my podcast visible, so people who have never heard it can discover it. I’m grateful. Share this with your friends and associates on Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Google+, etc.
Until next time, remember … You were made in His image, designed for a purpose, and are destined for greatness. The world is waiting for the REAL YOU to show up. God Bless!