You’ve heard “what you see is what you get,” but the same rings true for the words we speak. We greatly influence and control the course of our life by what we say. Our thoughts and beliefs form what we speak, and we may not realize just what kind of power our words wield.
Have you ever intentionally turned up the volume to raise your awareness of what’s coming out of your mouth? You might be shocked if you recorded and played back how you spoke each day.
What affirmations (or curses) are you speaking into your life? What destinies are you creating with your words? Today I want to unpack the power of our words and share with you: What You Say Is What You Get.
Death and life are in the power of the tongue, And those who love it will eat its fruit.
James 3:5-6, 9-10
So also the tongue is a small part of the body, and yet it boasts of great things. See how great a forest is set aflame by such a small fire! And the tongue is a fire, the very world of iniquity; the tongue is set among our members as that which defiles the entire body, and sets on fire the course of our life, and is set on fire by hell.
With it we bless our Lord and Father, and with it we curse men, who have been made in the likeness of God; from the same mouth come both blessing and cursing. My brethren, these things ought not to be this way.
It Starts With Belief
- As a man thinketh in his heart, so is he.
- We act in accordance with the truth as we believe it to be. (Lou Tice)
- We have to align ourselves with the Truth as God sees it, which means challenging our limiting/paralyzing beliefs.
Bridle the Tongue
- We must become more aware of our self-talk.
- We have to hold captive whatever limiting or destructive things we’re saying.
- Turn up our own volume to become more aware of our talk.
The Way Forward
- Call out (identify) the words that are life taking
- Receive Truth – What does God know to be true?
- Replace – Create statements of confession/affirmation that, over time, will take command of your creative power.
- Pay attention to your words.
- Are you speaking life, or are you projecting an undesirable outcome?
- Are you speaking the truth as God sees it, or are you perpetuating an untruth based on circumstance?
The 4 Cornerstones for Strategic Living: Our gift to you!
Subscribe to the Podcast
If you have enjoyed this podcast, please subscribe:
- Subscribe to our updates at www.BrianHolmes.com
- Subscribe to the podcast via iTunes, Stitcher, Blackberry, Zune, or other services.
Share the Love
I’d also be grateful if you would RATE OUR PODCAST ON iTunes. That helps tremendously with making my podcast visible, so people who have never heard it can discover it. I’m grateful. Share this with your friends and associates on Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Google+, etc.
Until next time, remember … You were made in His image, designed for a purpose, and are destined for greatness. The world is waiting for the REAL YOU to show up. God Bless!