Last week we talked about the importance of Taking An Honest Look at where you are, and where you’re going.
This week, I want to continue in this vein and consider how we can best prepare for entering into a new season; even shifting our heart and mind toward the new opportunities that lie ahead. Dive in as we talk about Experiencing the Shift: 7 Things You Can Do to Prepare For a New Beginning.
What does it mean, to experience the shift? We’re talking about preparing to enter into a new season, and embrace the opportunities it presents. What’s next? What’s coming ahead? The shift in your heart, mind, and thinking can shift the course of your upcoming year. Confidently pursue the interests and passions you have, and place strategic goals around those interests and passions, by experiencing the shift.
The Process of Evaluating Life:
- Why am I here?
- What is my destiny and my calling?
- Is what I am doing making a difference?
- Am I doing what I was created to do?
- Am I happy doing what I am doing?
- Am I satisfied with the results I’m seeing in my life, year to year?
7 Things You Can Do To Prepare For a New Beginning:
- Embrace the possibilities (the Word of God about you)
If you can think it, you can do it. If you can dream it, you can have it. God has tremendous, beautiful, successful plans for your life.
- Close out old accounts
If there are unresolved issues, or if you’re carrying negative balances forward, close the account.
- Forget the past
You cannot engage this shift or a new day, if you are stuck in an old account, old deficit, or old experience.
- Revisit – OR – Reimagine your dreams
Go back and dust your dreams off. Remember your passions and interests, without filters. Write down what you see.
- Change your thinking
Go after the limiting beliefs (lies) and reprogram (renew) your mind. What do you hold as beliefs that are holding you back from realizing truths?
- Align yourself with like-minded people
Be intentional about letting some relationships go. Be specific about aligning yourself with like-minded people, who will challenge your perspective. Master mind groups are a great example.
- Develop, write, and execute the vision
Take the time to write your dream out, break it into meaningful steps and goals, so you can execute your plan.
Questions to Ask Yourself:
- What old accounts do you need to close out as you approach a new year?
- What possibilities await you?
- What dreams do you need to re-visit or awaken?
- What beliefs do you presently hold that may stand in the way of you realizing the SHIFT?
- What about your relationships?
Ask Me A Question
If you have a question, comment, thought or concern, you can share those with me by clicking below or leave your comments (bottom of this post) and dialogue with others as they work towards their own freedom and development.
Subscribe to the Podcast
If you have enjoyed this podcast, please subscribe:
- Subscribe to our updates at www.BrianHolmes.com
- Subscribe to the podcast via iTunes, Stitcher, Blackberry, Zune, or other services.
Share the Love
I’d also be grateful if you would RATE OUR PODCAST ON iTunes. That helps tremendously with making my podcast visible, so people who have never heard it can discover it. I’m grateful. Share this with your friends and associates on Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Google+, etc.
Until next time, remember … You were made in His image, designed for a purpose, and are destined for greatness. The world is waiting for the REAL YOU to show up. God Bless!