One of the most important ways we can ensure a better future, is to periodically “look back” and honestly evaluate our progress, performance, and personal mindset.
Every great leader, in sports, business, etc. that I know, takes time – especially during this time of year – to consider their mental state, progress as it relates to their goals, and their clarity concerning the way forward.
If you want to live strategically, you must be intentional about looking honestly at where you are, where you’ve been, and where you’re going. Today, I want to do just that as we talk about Taking An Honest Look: Questions and Considerations for Evaluating Your Year.
1. Begin By Reviewing Your Goals & Dreams for 2015:
- Did you meet your goals?
- Did you exceed your goals?
- Did you fall short of your goals?
- Were your goals realistic?
- Were your goals in line with your purpose and calling?
- Will you carry these same goals forward in 2016?
2. Consider Your Year:
- Were there unexpected events that took you off point?
- How did you handle those?
- Were you able to recover and regroup?
- If not, what could you have done differently?
3. Where Are You Spiritually?
- Are you closer to God today than you were in January?
- Are you confident in your identity as a son/daughter?
- Have you grown in your ability to hear His voice, and be led daily by His Spirit?
- Are you performing for approval, or are you living in His grace?
- Are you DOING or are you BEING?
4. Evaluate Your Relationships:
How are your relationships? Are they where you hoped they would be by the end of this year?
5. How Would You Rate Your Overall Mental Health?
- Are you full of joy and gratefulness?
- Are you positive and optimistic, or do you struggle with negativity and pessimism?
- Are you walking in peace and serenity, or do you feel stressed, anxious, or overwhelmed?
- What is your dominant self-talk like?
- Are there any beliefs that have popped up this year that have limited your forward progress? If yes, what are they? List them!
6. How Did You Do With Priorities And Time Management?
- Which (regular) activities produced the greatest results?
- Which activities kept you busy but produced no results?
- What did you say YES to that you should have said NO to?
- What were your biggest time wasters in 2015?
- What adjustments need to be made in these areas?
7. Did You Follow A Personal Development Plan?
- Did you grow personally in 2015?
- How many books did you read?
- Did you participate in educational classes?
- Are you more competent and valuable as a person today than you were in January 2015?
- Have you grown in character?
- Have you grown in influence?
8. Are You Meeting Your Financial Objectives & Goals?
- Debt Elimination
- Long Term Investments
9. Are You Happy/Satisfied With Your Career Status?
- If you work for a company, are you experiencing frustration or satisfaction?
- If you own your own business, are you fulfilled in your current line of work?
- Are you seeing steady growth?
- Do you love or hate what you are doing?
- Do you feel stuck?
10. If You Could Go Back to January 1, 2015, And Could Change ONE Thing About This Year, What Would It Be?
Questions to Ask Yourself:
- Are you better off today?
- Are you making the kind of progress you know you’re capable of?
- What can you do TODAY to shift your life and set a course for a more powerful and rewarding 2016?
Ask Me A Question
If you have a question, comment, thought or concern, you can share those with me by clicking below or leave your comments (bottom of this post) and dialogue with others as they work towards their own freedom and development.
Subscribe to the Podcast
If you have enjoyed this podcast, please subscribe:
- Subscribe to our updates at www.BrianHolmes.com
- Subscribe to the podcast via iTunes, Stitcher, Blackberry, Zune, or other services.
Share the Love
I’d also be grateful if you would RATE OUR PODCAST ON iTunes. That helps tremendously with making my podcast visible, so people who have never heard it can discover it. I’m grateful. Share this with your friends and associates on Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Google+, etc.
Until next time, remember … You were made in His image, designed for a purpose, and are destined for greatness. The world is waiting for the REAL YOU to show up. God Bless!