We’re going to continue talking about relationships, since they’re so important. How do we navigate changes in relationships? Are all relationships meant to last a lifetime? What do you do when a relationship is tested? What do you do when a relationship’s season has come to an end? How do we steward the transitions in relationships from one level to another?
Today on the program, we will be looking at these kinds of questions, and talking about how to steward the different seasons in our relationships.
There are three things that bring change (positive or negative) to a relationship.
- Personal Choice
What Brings Testing?
- A traumatic event
- An offense
- Hurt feelings
- Hard words
Your reaction determines how the “test” is scored.
Not every relationship is for a season. As you move from one season in your life to another, your relationships will have to adjust, grow with you, or be left behind. As tough as it may be to reconcile, as your life moves to the next level, not every relationship you have today is meant to continue on with you.
When you DECIDE to do things differently in life, this creates a demand on your present relationships that needs to be answered. Some people feel you’ve abandoned them, when simply, you’ve answered God’s calling in your life.
7 Things You Can Do When A Relationship Is Tested
- Don’t react ~ Be still.
- Look in the mirror and take accountability
- When your heart is right, go to the person and talk
- Seek to understand
- Offer and receive forgiveness
7 Things To Check When A Relationship Is Changing
- Know Thyself: Understand your season
- Is the relationship ending or changing?
- What is God requiring of you?
- Has your change in direction constituted a separation or an adjustment?
- Is this relationship moving from one level to another?
- Has the relationship become toxic or limiting to your moving with God in this season?
- Does this relationship add to you or take from you?
- Subscribe to our weekly email update onbrianholmes.com
2. Continue this conversation on Facebook! Is there someone you need to make right with?
Ask Me A Question
If you have a question, comment, thought or concern, you can share those with me by clicking below or leave your comments (bottom of this post) and dialogue with others as they work towards their own freedom and development.
- The Ties That Bind online coursewill be launching in September! This will be a limited beta course for BrianHolmes.com listeners and community!
The cart closes for this BETA launch on October 31st.
During the BETA launch, you will receive:
- Access to the course
- The Ties That Bind Book
- Course Study Guide
- Course Transcripts – we took the notes for you!
- All 6 session audios
- BONUS: Healing the Broken Soul
Visit BrianHolmes.com/ties for more details and course information.
Subscribe to the Podcast
If you have enjoyed this podcast, please subscribe:
- Subscribe to our updates at www.BrianHolmes.com
- Subscribe to the podcast via iTunes, Stitcher, Blackberry, Zune, or other services.
Share the Love
I’d also be grateful if you would RATE OUR PODCAST ON iTunes. That helps tremendously with making my podcast visible, so people who have never heard it can discover it. I’m grateful. Share this with your friends and associates on Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Google+, etc.
Until next time, remember … You were made in His image, designed for a purpose, and are destined for greatness. The world is waiting for the REAL YOU to show up. God Bless!