On today’s episode, we’ll talk about feeding your spirit, soul, and body, so you are ready to perform at your full potential every day! We’ll be talking about the power and leverage you gain by having a distinct, purposeful morning routine. I’ll also share with you my own personal routine and how it has changed my life.
I believe we’re designed to work, do things, and pour ourselves out – giving out of our essence. But we must also be filling ourselves up and be poured into. We cannot give what we do not have!
How can we ensure we’re ready to be poured out? How can we position ourselves every single day with a powerful advantage?
The Morning Routine:
Your first ritual that you do during the day is the highest leveraged ritual, by far, because it has the effect of setting your mind, and setting the context, for the rest of your day. ~ Eben Pagan
My morning routine was definitely a routine, but not at all a productive one, or one that contributed to my calling or priorities. It’s important to have a wholistic approach to your morning routine!
Spirit, Soul & Body
Now may the God of peace Himself sanctify you entirely; and may your spirit and soul and body be preserved complete, without blame at the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ. ~ 1 Thess. 5:23
We need to feed our spiritual, emotional, and physical needs!
Every day I wake up and decide that I will start my day by practicing the discipline of filling up.
Time focused on:
- His word (the Bible)
- Listening to the voice of God (Leadership, direction, ideas, etc.)
- Audio Bible
- Nurturing my mind
- Envisioning my day (seeing it the way I want it to be)
- Picturing my goals as achieved and realized
- Practicing the habit of gratefulness
- Who am I grateful for?
- What am I grateful for?
- Who can I call and express my gratitude?
- Learning/Personal development
- Getting your body moving:
- increases blood flow
- releases endorphins
- increases metabolism
- supercharges your brain cells
- Increase your energy
- Moving your body increases your focus, clarity, and productivity!
5 Things To Consider As You Establish a Morning Routine:
1. Start your day the night before!
- Get a good night’s sleep! (Go to bed earlier!)
- Have a plan (checklist) for your morning
- Decide on a special place where you can have uninterrupted focus for you
- Set your workout clothes by your bed
2. Start early
- Give yourself adequate time to complete your new routine without pressure
3. Stay on plan
- This requires structure and discipline for a while
- It may feel awkward as you work on creating new habits and rituals
- Stay with it
4. Employ the support of loved ones and friends
- Let a few trusted people in on your plan
- Ask them to keep you accountable, and help you avoid distractions and interruptions
5. Mix and Match
- Walking/Running and Listening
A purposeful morning routine will set you up for a powerful, positive, and productive day! Always remember that you must feed your spirit, soul, and body. Find what works for you, and do the necessary work to make it a lifestyle.
Ask Me A Question
If you have a question, comment, thought or concern, you can share those with me by clicking below or leave your comments (bottom of this post) and dialogue with others as they work towards their own freedom and development.
1. In July, we will be launching our Strategic Living Institute monthly seminar series here in the Dallas area. For more informaiton on that, visit brianholmes.com/seminars
2. If you would like to have me speak at your church, conference, or event, please visit my speaking page at brianholmes.com/speaking
Subscribe to the Podcast
If you have enjoyed this podcast, please subscribe:
- Subscribe to our updates at www.BrianHolmes.com
- Subscribe to the podcast via iTunes, Stitcher, Blackberry, Zune, or other services.
Share the Love
I’d also be grateful if you would RATE OUR PODCAST ON iTunes. That helps tremendously with making my podcast visible, so people who have never heard it can discover it. I’m grateful. Share this with your friends and associates on Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Google+, etc.
Until next time, remember … You were made in His image, designed for a purpose, and are destined for greatness. The world is waiting for the REAL YOU to show up. God Bless!