On today’s episode, I talk with my friend Mark DeJesus about his book, Exposing The Rejection Mindset. In this powerful conversation, we look at the causes, effects, and behaviors associated with this terrible, yet common issue: rejection. So many people struggle with this on some level, and many have no idea how significantly they are being affected by it in their day to day lives. In this interview, you will learn how to:
- Confront unresolved brokenness and the masks that we wear in relationships.
- End the slave life of performance, perfectionism and people pleasing.
- Walk free from constant busyness and hyper-driven living.
- Let go of relationship burdens you should not be carrying.
- Address the toxic relationships around you.
- Break addictive habits and addict living.
- Love and accept yourself right where you are.
- End the twisted communication that goes in in relationships.
- Take the limits off where you are stuck in breaking free.
- Practical steps on walking free from rejection.
- Develop a healthy lens of God, yourself and your relationships.
- Get out of isolation, get back out there and live an authentic life!
I pray you are impacted by this episode, and that as a result, you begin the process of healing in your own life.
About Mark DeJesus
Mark DeJesus was born and raised in Hartford, Connecticut and has been a native of the state all his life. His passion for New England and love for people runs deep. Mark has been passionately pursuing God since the days of his youth. He remembers believing in God at an early age and recalls responding to the call of God during his middle school years. Much of his encounters with God at a young age prepared him for what God had in store.
Mark has been involved in reaching, teaching and empowering people since 1995, equipping people in various roles, including, youth, music and speaker. Mark’s deepest passion is that of a speaker, preacher, teacher and prophetic exhorter to those in and out of the church. His desire is to help people recognize their need for heart transformation. His message involves getting to the root of issues in our lives that contribute to the breakdown of our relationships, our health and our day to day peace.
Mark’s message comes from a personal passion, stemming out of his own spirit-soul-body renovation that occurred in his life, setting him free from mental battles and many physical infirmities. Through his own breakthrough and personal transformation, Mark is on a passionate journey of lighting the fires of spiritual renovation in people’s lives. His heart is to equip people to discover a transformed life from the inside out. He carries a heart of restoration to to see God heal breakdowns in relationship; with God, with themselves and with others.
In 2005, Mark met the woman of his dreams, Melissa, who joined him in the pursuit of wholeness and transformation. Married in 2006, Mark and Melissa ventured from a staff pastoral position to pioneer a new ministry from the ground up. Turning Hearts Ministries began and has remained a ministry dedicated to inside out transformation. Located in East Hartford, CT, Turning Hearts is also a headquarters church base where the local and regional work center from.
Their work involves healing broken hearts, setting people free and encouraging people in their identity. Their calling and focus is to address the spiritual strongholds, bondage and blocks that keep people from wholeness, health and freedom. They minister healing to the body, mind and spirit by addressing spiritually rooted issues that contribute to the breakdown of our wholeness. They also carry a deep desire to see people restored and to build healthy relationships and families.
In addition to their ministry outreach, Turning Hearts Ministries is also an established local church fellowship. The heart of the THM local body is to nurture a culture where lives can be loved, touched, changed and equipped so that the region and beyond can be effected for the Kingdom of God.
Mark also founded Transformed You, a communication platform for Mark’s teachings, writing and broadcasts to be shared and are designed to encourage people in their journey of transformation.
Mark and Melissa live in Manchester, Connecticut, and are committed to raising their two wonderful children, Maximus John who was born in 2008 and Abigail Hope, who arrived in 2010. They value their family as a high priority and seek to minister out of the overflow of what God is doing in their home.
The Book: Exposing the Rejection Mindset
Take Back Who God Says You Are!
Your identity and relationships are everything when it comes to living a full life on this planet. But what happens when your lens in those areas becomes distorted or tainted? Discover in this book how the subtle mindset of rejection seeks to alter your thoughts and train you to carry a tainted lens on life. You will discover that rejection is not just something that happens to you, it is a toxic stronghold, set up to prevent you from walking in the love of God and knowing who you are.
Throughout this book, you will learn to see how this root system of rejection seeks to get itself into every facet of relationships. You will understand how to:
– Confront unresolved brokenness and the masks that we wear in relationships.
– End the slave life of performance, perfectionism and people pleasing.
– Walk free from constant busyness and hyper-driven living.
– Let go of relationship burdens you should not be carrying.
– Address the toxic relationships around you.
– Break addictive habits and addict living.
– Love and accept yourself right where you are.
– End the twisted communication that goes in in relationships.
– Take the limits off where you are stuck in breaking free.
– Practical steps on walking free from rejection.
– Develop a healthy lens of God, yourself and your relationships.
– Get out of isolation, get back out there and live an authentic life!
For More Information, visit www.MarkDeJesus.com
Ask Me A Question
If you have a question, comment, thought or concern, you can share those with me by clicking below or leave your comments (bottom of this post) and dialogue with others as they work towards their own freedom and development.
1. Become a Coaching Client! Three available openings for personal coaching clients. If you would like to have me coach you in business, general life strategies, or other areas, please CONTACT ME for a free 30 minute consultation.
2. If you would like to have me speak at your church, conference, or event, please visit my speaking page at brianholmes.com/speaking
3. Monday Mastery: New series on Success, Prosperity, and the Power of Purpose.
Subscribe to the Podcast
If you have enjoyed this podcast, please subscribe:
- Subscribe to our updates at www.BrianHolmes.com
- Subscribe to the podcast via iTunes, Stitcher, Blackberry, Zune, or other services.
Share the Love
I’d also be grateful if you would RATE OUR PODCAST ON iTunes. That helps tremendously with making my podcast visible, so people who have never heard it can discover it. I’m grateful. Share this with your friends and associates on Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Google+, etc.
Until next time, remember … You were made in His image, designed for a purpose, and are destined for greatness. The world is waiting for the REAL YOU to show up. God Bless!