I see great value in reflecting on a previous season, and identifying the major lessons one has learned, or the landmarks one has crossed. Sir Winston Churchill once said, “Those who fail to learn from history are doomed to repeat it.”
Today, I want to look back on last year and share with you 5 Pivotal Lessons I Learned in 2014.
5 Lessons & Landmarks:
1. Walking with the Father is a daily CHOICE.
Learning to Hear and Follow the Father’s Voice
2. The importance of reading
7 Ways You Can Become A Lifetime Learner
3. Being understood is overrated
4. Not all relationships will follow you to the next level
5. New opportunities show up when I become CLEAR on who I am, and who I am not
1. Continue to learn how to LIVE in His love, and walk by His leadership. CHOOSE.
2. Purpose TODAY to become a lifestyle learner.
a. Set reading goals
b. Create a book list
c. What are leaders reading?
3. Decide that you will NOT perform to others’ expectations, nor will you seek to be understood.
4. Which relationships need to be:
b. Established with new boundaries?
5. Get clarity on WHO you are, and WHAT you want.
a. Get a coach
b. Work with a mentor
c. Take a course
As you reflect on 2014, what lessons and landmarks were important in your life?
Comment and Engage With Us
If you’d like to comment in this episode, please go to BrianHolmes.com/071, go to the show notes for this episode and scroll down to the comments section. I would love to hear from you—comment, question, or whatever.
Ask Me A Question
If you have a question, comment, thought or concern, you can share those with me by clicking below or leave your comments (bottom of this post) and dialogue with others as they work towards their own freedom and development.
1. NEW WEBSITE! Be sure to check out our new website!
2. Next Week: 10 Reasons Everyone Should Be A Reader
3. Monday Mastery – New series on the Battle for the Mind. Join us every Monday for a short video segment that will equip, empower, and motivate you to become all God has created you to be!
Subscribe to the Podcast
If you have enjoyed this podcast, please subscribe:
- Subscribe to our updates at www.BrianHolmes.com
- Subscribe to the podcast via iTunes, Stitcher, Blackberry, Zune, or other services.
Share the Love
I’d also be grateful if you would RATE OUR PODCAST ON iTunes. That helps tremendously with making my podcast visible, so people who have never heard it can discover it. I’m grateful. Share this with your friends and associates on Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Google+, etc.
“Until next time, remember … You were made in His image, designed for a purpose, and are destined for greatness. God Bless!”