Last week we talked about the power of your words
What you say is what you GET. It is imperative that we become aware of, and alter what we say, as it directly impacts our outcomes.
On today’s program, I want to share with you a process by which you can radically alter your life by learning the art of confession and affirmation.
Premises from the Word:
1) God has a pre-determined plan and vision for your life – Jeremiah 1:5
“Before I formed you in the womb I knew you,
And before you were born I consecrated you;
I have appointed you a prophet to the nations.”
2) He has complete and accurate knowledge of the plans He has for you – Jeremiah 29:11
“For I know the plans that I have for you,’
declares the LORD, ‘plans for welfare and not
for calamity to give you a future and a hope.”
3) How I SEE myself, and what I believe to be true determines whether or not I realize God’s plans and agenda in my life – Proverbs 23:7
“As a man thinks within himself, so is he …”
4) Whatever God has SPOKEN concerning my life is His Word; His Word cannot lie; it is true, and it will accomplish whatever He had in His mind when we said (sent it) – Isaiah 55:8-11
“For My thoughts are not your thoughts, nor are your ways
My ways,” declares the LORD. “For as the heavens are higher
than the earth, so are My ways higher than your ways and My
thoughts than your thoughts. “For as the rain and the snow
come down from heaven,
And do not return there without watering the earth and
making it bear and sprout, and furnishing seed to the sower
and bread to the eater;
So will My word be which goes forth from My mouth; It will
not return to Me empty, Without accomplishing what I desire,
and without succeeding in the matter for which I sent it.”
5) THINGS are erected in our mind’s eye that challenge and compete with what God knows – II Corinthians 10:3-8
“3 For though we walk in the flesh, we do not war after the flesh:
(For the weapons of our warfare are not carnal, but mighty
through God to the pulling down of strong holds;) [** Mindsets]
4 Casting down imaginations, [images, pictures, ideas, beliefs] and every high thing that exalteth itself
against the knowledge of God, and bringing into
captivity every thought to the obedience of Christ;”
6) Not all truth is equal; I must know THE truth as God sees it – John 8:31-32
“So Jesus was saying to those Jews who had believed
Him, “If you continue in My word, then you are truly
disciples of Mine; and you will know the truth, and the
truth will make you free.”
Three ‘Applications’ for Belief Transformation:
- Confessing The Word Of God – When you confess the Word of God you are saying the same thing that God says. Confessing is also “declaring to be true or real.” The
conditions may not match the confession at first, but because the word of God has built a divine image in your heart then you know the confession is truth and it will eventually take the place of the condition.
- Affirmations – When making an affirmation you are not letting anything cast it out or deny it. Also, you must believe with your heart. In order to do this you must feed your heart with the TRUTH until it believes it.
- Decrees – When you get to the level of decreeing you can speak 6 God’s Word on a situation and walk away from it because you know God’s Word will change it.
He confessed (or affirmed) the truth as God had spoken
He affirmed, and affirmed, and affirmed until it became his unwavering, personal belief.
He spoke of the FUTURE in the PRESENT TENSE.
He literally called into the present what was not present, on the basis of what God said his future would be.
Time responded to Abraham’s agreement with God’s Word.
1. Identify major areas of your life
- Emotional Well being
2. For this exercise, choose ONE you desire to change
3. What is the CURRENT REALITY or PRESENT STATE in that area?
4. What is the POTENTIAL LOSS
5. What is the WHY?
6. Write a statement that identifies the TRUTH as God sees it
I am a worthy and accepted person; appreciated and loved by
those that know me, and whose lives I touch
I possess the ability and the heart to love my wife with my entire
being, and I successfully make her feel as if she is the most
important part of my life.
I am extremely qualified and competent as I lead thousands of
people all over the world; and I feel a sense of pride and
confidence, knowing that I have the power to positively affect the
lives of generations
Ask Me A Question
If you have a question, comment, though or concern, you can share those with me by clicking here or leave your comments (bottom of this post) and dialogue with others as they work towards their own freedom and development.
Subscribe to the Podcast
If you have enjoyed this podcast, please subscribe:
- Subscribe to our updates at www.BrianHolmes.com
- Subscribe to the podcast via iTunes, Stitcher, Blackberry, Zune, or other services.
Share the Love
I’d also be grateful if you would RATE OUR PODCAST ON iTunes. That helps tremendously with making my podcast visible, so people who have never heard it can discover it. I’m grateful.
Share this with your friends and associates on Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Google+, etc.
“Until next time, remember … You were made in His image, designed for a purpose, and are destined for greatness. God Bless!