It is amazing how we go about our lives and never realize the accumulation of STUFF. Files, papers, receipts, extras of everything, a garage full of sports equipment, camping gear that is never used, boxes, etc. What about BOOKS, magazines, or even the E-mail inbox? The truth is, there is something about the human condition where we want to collect and keep YET, there is a time to throw away, clean out, and get rid of things. In addition to ‘stuff’, we also find the intangible areas in chaos and disarray. Finances, our health, our relationships, our schedule, and so many other areas tend to get bogged down, and in extreme cases, out of order. Today, we are talking about ‘Clearing Out the Clutter and Getting Your House In Order’.
A Time for Everything
3 There is an appointed time for everything. And there is a time for every event under heaven—
2 A time to give birth and a time to die;
A time to plant and a time to uproot what is planted.
3 A time to kill and a time to heal;
A time to tear down and a time to build up.
4 A time to weep and a time to laugh;
A time to mourn and a time to dance.
5 A time to throw stones and a time to gather stones;
A time to embrace and a time to shun embracing.
6 A time to search and a time to give up as lost;
A time to keep and a time to throw away.
7 A time to tear apart and a time to sew together;
A time to be silent and a time to speak.
8 A time to love and a time to hate;
A time for war and a time for peace.
5 Key Reasons to Clean Out The Clutter and Get House In Order
1. Decrease stress
• 84% of stressed out Americans said they worried about their homes being disorganized, not clean, and out of order
• 42% experienced more anxiety when their homes or lives were in disarray or cluttered
• Worry (whether conscious or unconscious) causes stress … stress causes sickness
2. Clear Your Mind, Find More energy
• Perceived chaos or unresolved disorder has been proven to restrict your ability to focus
• The clutter literally limits your brains ability to process information
• You gain more energy as a result of clearing your mind
3. Breathe Easier … Improve Your Health
• Physical ‘STUFF’ collects dust
• The Journal of Environmental Science and Technology showed that dust from clutter can contain arsenic, decomposing bugs, pollen, human skin, fecal matter from dust mites, and even DDT
4. Improve Relationships
• How many times has STUFF and clutter caused an argument in your home?
• Has the frustration of not being able to ‘find’ something or ‘tripping over’ something ever caused you to be angry and it ruined an evening?
5. Make Room for New Blessings
• Two objects cannot occupy the same space
• Literally and figuratively
• Also, God is not likely to release something new and fresh in your life as long as you insist on holding on to the OLD STUFF
5 Steps That Will Help You Clear the Clutter in your Life, and begin the process of bringing things into order:
- Identify – The big rocks or projects that need to be done
- Prioritize – Take one at a time
- Decide – What do I keep, what do I archive, and what do I throw away or discard
- Execute – Do the work, follow through with your plan
- Celebrate – Enjoy the state of being ready to receive whatever God has for you in a new season of life
1. DFW Mastermind: If you are interested in being a part of a Mastermind group in the Dallas/Ft. Worth area, please contact me HERE
2. Become A Coaching Client – I still have several openings for personal coaching clients. If you would like to have ME coach you in your business, general life strategies, or in any other area, please CONTACT ME for a free 30 minute consultation.
3. If you would like to have me speak at your church, conference, or event, please visit my speaking page at www.brianholmes.com/speaking How can you join the conversation and be a part?
- Subscribe to our updates at www.BrianHolmes.com
- Subscribe to the podcast via iTunes, Stitcher, Blackberry, Zune, or other services.
- Share this with your friends and associates on Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Google+, etc.
- Leave your comments (bottom of this post) and dialogue with others as they work towards their own freedom and development
I trust that something we’ve shared today has challenged you to pursue God’s very best for your life, be healed from the past, be transformed in your mind and heart, and be activated to fulfill your unique purpose and destiny.
If you’d like to COMMENT ON THIS EPISODE, please go to BrianHolmes.com, go to the show notes for this episode and scroll down to the comments section. I would love to hear from you— comment, question, or whatever.
I’d also be grateful if you would RATE OUR PODCAST ON iTunes. That helps tremendously with making my podcast visible, so people who have never heard it can discover it. I’m grateful.
“Until next time, remember … You were made in His image, designed for a purpose, and are destined for greatness. God Bless!