As a single footstep will not make a path on the earth, so a single thought will not make a pathway in the mind. To make a deep physical path, we walk again and again. To make a deep mental path, we must think over and over the kind of thoughts we wish to dominate our lives. – Henry David Thoreau
What we THINK or BELIEVE to be true governs the outcomes in our lives in a very real way. It stands to reason, then, that if there is a limiting belief or thought process in our mind, if we CHANGE our mind, then the results and outcomes will change as well. The MIND, the THOUGHTS, the BELIEFS we hold govern our ability to produce God size results. If you are unsatisfied with where your life is today, there is ONE clear recommendation I can make to you with confidence. Change Your Mind … and you really will Change Your World!
While you and I possess UNLIMITED potential, we are limited to what we believe at a CORE level. What your heart believes is that which will determine the direction and outcomes of your life
You actually move toward your current, most dominant PICTURE of how you see yourself and your future.
So the image or belief we hold in our mind concerning a thing, produces an outcome that resembles exactly what we believe. If the image or belief we hold is not what God KNOWS about us, we produce less than that which God intended and designed.
How the Mind Works
- Conscious – That part of the mind that HEARS and RECEIVES new information and input. That which you see, feel, taste, touch.
- Sub-conscious – The part of the mind where all previous information is stored. It is the hard drive of the mind containing memories, developed beliefs, hurts, wounds, experiences, perceptions, and identities. Your CORE BELIEFS. Everything you do; every decision you make; every position you take; is because of what you believe on this level
- Creative Conscious – This is the part of the mind that is responsible to REFEREE between the conscience and the sub-conscience. It is that part that REGULATES you back to the BELIEF that you hold. This part WORKS HARD AND NON-STOP to make sure that you never move outside the parameters set by your sub-conscience mind
How Are Beliefs Formed
- Educational Models and Perspectives
- Parents’ Mindsets and Beliefs
- Religious Teachings and Dogma
- Successes and Failures
- Mental Conditioning
- Self Talk
REMEMBER: We act in accordance with the truth as we believe it to be, whether it is true or not!
- A negative mindset causes a perpetual posture of DOUBT
- DOUBT creates HESITATION (or paralysis)
- HESITATION leads to failure
- Mindsets are what creates your expectations
- Your expectations are self-fulfilling prophecy
- What you EXPECT, you get
- A mindset LOCKS you into a realm, thereby limiting your level of result and achievement
The Power of Mindsets
Mindsets (strongly held beliefs) are contained in the sub-conscious part of our mind. They become SECOND NATURE; meaning, we do not even THINK about them, we simply act according to the information we have selected as truth. In other words, our mindsets (good or bad), create for us what is NORMAL or expected. If my ‘normal’ is not producing the results I wish for, then what has become normal to me is likely not normal at all. A mindset not aligned with God’s truth (the only truth that really matters) holds the person to a measure and reality that is less than their actual, God-given potential. A mindset that is aligned WITH God’s truth awakens, engages, empowers, and releases my God-given potential, and converts it into real, tangible, and super-sized results.
How Do We Begin To Change our Mind?
- Identify faulty and limiting mindsets (Look at fruit)
- Move from passivity to intentionality as it relates to our thoughts and outcomes; Take every thought captive (arrest, do not entertain)
- Examine the Word of God; reflect and remember every ‘Word’ God has spoken to you or about you; Record every proclamation of truth about your identity, life, and future)
- From each statement, create summarized ‘affirmation’ or ‘confession’ statements that RE-FORM and RE-PLACE limiting beliefs
- Develop and engage the HABIT of reading/affirming/confessing these statements … every day … UNTIL
- Develop ‘I AM’ statements
- Engage in Accountability: have someone you trust hold you accountable in the area of your beliefs and conversation
Think and Grow Rich by Napoleon Hill
As A Man Thinketh by James Allen
1. LIVE WEBINAR: ‘Change Your Mind, Change Your World’ – Join me on Wednesday, June 11th at 7:00pm at BrianHolmes.com/teleseminar
2. DFW Mastermind: If you are interested in being a part of a Mastermind group in the Dallas/Ft. Worth area, please contact me HERE
3. Become A Coaching Client – I still have several openings for personal coaching clients. If you would like to have ME coach you in your business, general life strategies, or in any other area, please CONTACT ME for a free 30 minute consultation.
4. If you would like to have me speak at your church, conference, or event, please visit my speaking page at www.brianholmes.com/speaking How can you join the conversation and be a part?
- Subscribe to our updates at www.BrianHolmes.com
- Subscribe to the podcast via iTunes, Stitcher, Blackberry, Zune, or other services.
- Share this with your friends and associates on Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Google+, etc.
- Leave your comments (bottom of this post) and dialogue with others as they work towards their own freedom and development
I trust that something we’ve shared today has challenged you to pursue God’s very best for your life, be healed from the past, be transformed in your mind and heart, and be activated to fulfill your unique purpose and destiny. If you’d like to COMMENT ON THIS EPISODE, please go to BrianHolmes.com, go to the show notes for this episode and scroll down to the comments section. I would love to hear from you— comment, question, or whatever. I’d also be grateful if you would RATE OUR PODCAST ON iTunes. That helps tremendously with making my podcast visible, so people who have never heard it can discover it. I’m grateful.
“Until next time, remember … You were made in His image, designed for a purpose, and are destined for greatness. God Bless!