One of the most important aspects of living strategically and successfully is having a real understand of WHO YOU ARE, and WHAT God has graced you to do. So many people gravitate to the lane that LIFE has dictated to them. SO many wind up living their life to measure up to the expectations of others. Some live there lives LOCKED in a place that was never intended for them; their beliefs and their grid has produced for them a reality that is far less than what God desires
- Are you living authentically?
- Are you posing or pretending in order to achieve acceptance in someone elses picture?
- Are you ready to find your true self, and meet the man or the woman that God knows you to be?
In this episode, we are going to share with you ‘KNOW THYSELF: What Do You Know About You?’
II Corinthians 10:5 Casting down imaginations, and every high thing that exalteth itself against the knowledge of God, and bringing into captivity every thought to the obedience of Christ;
Proverbs 23.7 For as he thinks within himself, so he is.
- What you THINK is what you produce
- How we COMPUTE our self concept, self-esteem, and self worth has direct implications on how we perform in life and in leadership
- I cannot produce something I DON’T believe in!
The Process of Thought Transference:
- A source transmits its ideas through words or images
- Words heard or images seen transmits thoughts or ideas to our mind
- Thoughts conceived become IDEAS
- Ideas conceived become IDEOLOGIES
- Ideologies conceived become BELIEFS
- Beliefs conceived become CONVICTIONS
- Convictions conceived become PHILOSOPHIES
- Philosophies conceived become LIFESTYLES
- Lifestyles determine our DESTINY or destination
Our mindsets, attitudes, beliefs, and convictions are almost always determined by someone else’s ideas. The key to living effectively as the LEADER God has made you to be is to be receiving your THOUGHTS from the correct SOURCE. When your philosophy, beliefs, thoughts, and convictions are grounded in the way your were created to THINK, you will naturally rule over your ENVIRONMENT, and fulfill your LIFE’S PURPOSE. Your MIND matters, and it CONTROLS how you manage MATTER. When I truly understand what it means to made in the LIKENESS of the Creator, I will possess certain ATTITUDES and BELIEFS about myself that allow me to realize my LEADERSHIP POTENTIAL.
Four Areas of KNOWING:
- You are designed in HIS image
- This is the PICTURE of how you are suppose to see yourself
- The first thing the Creator gave man was not dominion, but rather it was his NATURE
- It was his SELF IMAGE or SELF CONCEPT
- If I do not know who I AM, then I cannot relate to others, or my world on the basis of truth, rather, I relate to them from a distorted perspective
- Man’s first gift from God was HIS IMAGE!
- The foundation of leadership is a sound SELF IMAGE
- Your self worth is the VALUE you place on yourself
- Leaders value OTHERS as they value themselves
- The majority of people do not have SELF WORTH, they have what we will call, OTHER’S WORTH
- This is the ACCEPTANCE of the worth OTHERS place on you.
- Many people spend their entire lives trying to LIVE UP TO other’s evaluations of them, GOOD or BAD.
- If someone expects LITTLE of me, I had better prove them right.
- You cannot give SIGNIFICANCE until you have it for YOURSELF.
You shall love the LORD your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your might.
36 “Teacher, which is the great commandment in the Law?” 37 And He said to him, “‘YOU SHALL LOVE THE LORD YOUR GOD WITH ALL YOUR HEART, AND WITH ALL YOUR SOUL, AND WITH ALL YOUR MIND.’ 38 This is the great and [a]foremost commandment. 39 The second is like it, ‘YOU SHALL LOVE YOUR NEIGHBOR AS YOURSELF.’ 40 On these two commandments depend the whole Law and the Prophets.”
- A healthy INTRAPERSONAL relationship is a pre-requisite for effective and meaningful INTERPERSONAL relationships.
- Your attitude toward me is a REFLECTION of your attitude toward yourself
- How can I LEAD others effectively if I presently possess a poor and ungodly self-concept, self worth, and self esteem?
Self – Esteem
- Self Worth asks, “How much value do I believe I have?
- Self Esteem asks, “What does this mean to my environment?
- Self esteem is your self-estimation of your value to the world around you
- KNOW THYSELF
- When a person gets to know his CREATOR, and finally comes to KNOW HIMSELF, then his LEADERSHIP is born
The entire world is awaiting the SONS of God to awaken, engage, and act like the LEADERS God has created us to be. We must examine our THOUGHTS, our BELIEFS, our PHILOSOPHIES, and our CONVICTIONS and be renewed in our MIND so that we may LEAD with purpose.
1. What do you KNOW about you?
2. Do you see yourself the way God sees you?
3. Do you ascribe an accurate VALUE to your worth?
4. Are you AWARE of your significance, and the weightiness of your assignment?
My encouragement to you is… KNOW THYSELF
1. LIVE WEBINAR: ‘Change Your Mind, Change Your World’ – Join me on Wednesday, June 11th at 7:00pm at BrianHolmes.com/teleseminar
2. DFW Mastermind: If you are interested in being a part of a Mastermind group in the Dallas/Ft. Worth area, please contact me HERE
3. Become A Coaching Client – I still have several openings for personal coaching clients. If you would like to have ME coach you in your business, general life strategies, or in any other area, please CONTACT ME for a free 30 minute consultation.
4. If you would like to have me speak at your church, conference, or event, please visit my speaking page at www.brianholmes.com/speaking How can you join the conversation and be a part?
- Subscribe to our updates at www.BrianHolmes.com
- Subscribe to the podcast via iTunes, Stitcher, Blackberry, Zune, or other services.
- Share this with your friends and associates on Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Google+, etc.
- Leave your comments (bottom of this post) and dialogue with others as they work towards their own freedom and development
I trust that something we’ve shared today has challenged you to pursue God’s very best for your life, be healed from the past, be transformed in your mind and heart, and be activated to fulfill your unique purpose and destiny. If you’d like to COMMENT ON THIS EPISODE, please go to BrianHolmes.com, go to the show notes for this episode and scroll down to the comments section. I would love to hear from you— comment, question, or whatever. I’d also be grateful if you would RATE OUR PODCAST ON iTunes. That helps tremendously with making my podcast visible, so people who have never heard it can discover it. I’m grateful.
“Until next time, remember … You were made in His image, designed for a purpose, and are destined for greatness. God Bless!