The ‘SOUL’ of man is a vital part of our lives. In fact, as the soul goes, so goes every area of our life. The soul is where the will, the mind, the emotions, the memories, our beliefs, and so much more is held. It is literally the ‘womb’ that carries our potential. In order for our lives to manifest our full potential, our souls must be healed. In this episode, I share an overview of this concept, and provide ‘7 Steps To Healing The Broken Soul’.
Brian’s Book Corner
We are introducing a new segment this week; a book review and recommendation. Periodically, I will provide a summary review of a book that I am reading, one that I believe will add value to your ‘becoming’ process.
This week, we are looking at ‘The 15 Invaluable Laws of Growth’ by John Maxwell.
In typical John Maxwell style, he offers a powerful, yet practical insight into some KEYS, what he calls LAWS that if lived out and followed, will result in not only growth, but success and fulfillment on levels unimagined.
- The Law of Intentionality
- The Law of Awareness
- The Law of the Mirror
- The Law of Reflection
- The Law of Consistency
- The Law of Environment
- The Law of Design
- The Law of Pain
- The Law of the Ladder
- The Law of the Rubber band
- The Law of Trade-offs
- The Law of Curiosity
- The Law of Modeling
- The Law of Expansion
- The Law of Contribution
I have been reading (and listening) to this book. In fact, I am repeating each chapter multiple times as it is really helping me where I am today. I cannot recommend this book highly enough. It should be REQUIRED reading on every high school and university campus, AND, every adult should take time to process its contents. It WILL change your life.
Healing The Broken Soul
In this episode, I want to give you a brief introduction to this topic, and share with you why I believe … EVERY PERSON SHOULD PURSUE HEALING, RECONCILIATION, AND RESTORATION so they can experience the full measure of what God has for their lives.
I Thes. 5.23
Now may the God of peace Himself sanctify you entirely; and may your spirit and soul and body be preserved complete, without blame at the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ.
While we are saved, redeemed, justified, sanctified, and cleansed, many of us STILL are walking as the world walks; depressed, confused, irrational, defeated, never able to break through to new levels, etc. This is NOT God’s will for His people, but there are REAL reasons why things are the way they are. One of these factors is that many believers have BROKEN SOULS. It is the SOUL that must be healed. It is the SOUL that must be liberated and set free.
We are TRI-Partied beings. Made after God’s image and likeness, we possess three distinct yet related parts in our human existence. We are SPIRIT, SOUL, and BODY. When all three parts are functioning in harmony and completeness, there is RIGHTEOUS, PEACE, and JOY… Sounds like KINGDOM to me!
What is the SOUL?
Our soul is the part of us that contains our will, our emotions, and our thoughts, which in turn, control the course of our mind and eventually produce actions. Everything that takes place in our mind is housed within the soulish arena of our created being. The soul is the place where memories are kept—good and bad. It is the place where wounds, hurts, disappointments, fears, and our sense of failures are contained. What I carry in this compartment GOVERNS my thoughts, actions, decisions, etc.”
Proverbs 23.7 – “As a man thinketh in his heart, so is he …”
What is a Soul Tie?
A soul tie is defined as follows:
When the emotions, the mind, and the will of a person becomes entangled to the point where their thoughts are no longer their own (or independent of someone else’s); it occurs when a person or entity is unnaturally and/or inordinately affected by the will, emotions, desires, and situations of someone, or something else. NOTE: Not all soul ties are ungodly or detrimental.
Types of Soul Ties
- Relational Soul Ties
- Covenantal/Vow Soul Ties
- Allegiance and Alliance Soul Ties
- Sexual Soul Ties
III John 2 …”even as your SOUL prospers.”
Beloved, I pray that in all respects you may prosper and be in good health, just as your soul prospers.
- The soul contains the thoughts, memories, the will, the intellect
- That area MUST be healthy and free if the other areas of my life are to prosper.
- It is inside-out living – If I can get my soul to be free of all unhealthy ties, my life will begin to bear the fruit of all God’s promises
7 Steps To Healing The Broken Soul
- Acknowledge – You can’t change …
- Confess – Bring it into the light
- Resolve – Be willing to deal with the pain of the root
- Forgive and Release – Let them go so you can be free
- Pray – Ask Father to meet you in the moment
- Receive – Receive healing, forgiveness, and restoration
- Live and Become – Become the person God created you to be, and live out your true destiny by His grace
God longs for you to allow him to heal you completely. Your soul must be healed, and all other areas will become aligned and healthy. Submit yourself to the process, and watch as your life is transformed into something more beautiful than you ever imagined possible. You are HIS child … You are His workmanship. God doesn’t make mistakes, and He certainly doesn’t make no junk!
1. LIVE WEBINAR: ‘Change Your Mind, Change Your World’ – Join me on Wednesday, May 21st at 7:00pm at BrianHolmes.com/teleseminar
2. DFW Mastermind: If you are interested in being a part of a Mastermind group in the Dallas/Ft. Worth area, please contact me HERE
3. Become A Coaching Client – I still have several openings for personal coaching clients. If you would like to have ME coach you in your business, general life strategies, or in any other area, please CONTACT ME for a free 30 minute consultation.
4. If you would like to have me speak at your church, conference, or event, please visit my speaking page at www.brianholmes.com/speaking
How can you join the conversation and be a part?
- Subscribe to our updates at www.BrianHolmes.com
- Subscribe to the podcast via iTunes, Stitcher, Blackberry, Zune, or other services.
- Share this with your friends and associates on Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Google+, etc.
- Leave your comments (bottom of this post) and dialogue with others as they work towards their own freedom and development
I trust that something we’ve shared today has challenged you to pursue God’s very best for your life, be healed from the past, be transformed in your mind and heart, and be activated to fulfill your unique purpose and destiny. If you’d like to COMMENT ON THIS EPISODE, please go to BrianHolmes.com, go to the show notes for this episode and scroll down to the comments section. I would love to hear from you— comment, question, or whatever.
I’d also be grateful if you would RATE OUR PODCAST ON iTunes. That helps tremendously with making my podcast visible, so people who have never heard it can discover it. I’m grateful.
“Until next time, remember … You were made in His image, designed for a purpose, and are destined for greatness. God Bless!