Happy New Year to you and yours!
Over the next several weeks, I’m going to be sharing with you some concepts about New Beginnings. We’ll be talking about putting the past behind you; getting in touch with the dreams that are in your heart; how to confidently pursue the passions and interests that you have; how to set GOALS that matter and goals that are meaningful.
On this episode, I want to talk to you about embarking on a new and fresh journey. I want to encourage you to leave the past behind you, and to Embrace A New Season. You have an opportunity to experience all the benefits and blessings of a New Beginning. I want to share with you from my heart how you can do just that.
12 Not that I have already obtained it or have already become perfect, but I press on so that I may lay hold of that for which also I was laid hold of by Christ Jesus. 13 Brethren, I do not regard myself as having laid hold of it yet; but one thing I do: forgetting what lies behind and reaching forward to what lies ahead, 14 I press on toward the goal for the prize of the upward call of God in Christ Jesus. 15 Let us therefore, as many as are perfect, have this attitude; and if in anything you have a different attitude, God will reveal that also to you; 16 however, let us keep living by that same standard to which we have attained.
18 “Do not call to mind the former things, or ponder things of the past. 19 “Behold, I will do something new, Now it will spring forth; Will you not be aware of it?
For two years, God has been leading me on a journey of discovery, relationship, ad trust. He has been teaching me to listen, to follow to rely on His wisdom and leadership. In the process, I’ve realized that so many THINGS I am doing; so many things that I have believed; so many positions that I have defended for years have become antiquated, out of date, no longer useful, and stale. Old experiences; old information; old ways of doing things; old paradigms; old thinking; old formulas; old stories
- I am thankful for my past, but I cannot allow my past to become my present or my future
- I cannot rely on my yesterdays if I am to possess my tomorrows
- I cannot live in the past, if I desire to create a future
Every NEW YEAR, people tend to make resolutions, set goals, and talk about what they would LIKE to accomplish, BUT, so few ever seem to connect the WHY to the WHAT. So few really ever make the necessary changes internally and externally that truly causes progress and forward movement. Wy is that? It is my contention that while many TALK about moving forward, most are unwittingly stuck in the past.
As we come into 2014, wouldn’t you like to know how to experience a new beginning? Would you like to put the past behind you once and for all? Would you like to experience the FRESHNESS and the life that comes in a new season?
EVERY PERSON CAN EXPERIENCE AND REALIZE THE BLESSINGS AND BENEFITS OF A NEW BEGINNING
For 2014, in this New Year that we are embarking on, I want to encourage you to take the following steps:
- Embrace the possibilities (the Word of God about you)
- Close out old accounts
- Forget the past
- Re-visit your dreams
- Change Your Thinking
- Align Yourself with like-minded people
- Develop, Write, and Execute The Vision
1. New Beginnings LIVE Workshop: January 25th – Dallas, Texas
- How to let go of your past (once and for all)
- How to re-ignite your dreams
- How to develop a strategic plan for 2014 and beyond
- Be activated for the new season God is bringing you into
- For more information, visit www.BrianHolmes.com/newbeginnings
3. Become A Coaching Client – I still have several openings for personal coaching clients. If you would like to have ME coach you in your business, general life strategies, or in any other area, please CONTACT ME for a free 30 minute consultation.
4. If you would like to have me speak at your church, conference, or event, please visit my speaking page at www.brianholmes.com/speaking
How can you join the conversation and be a part?
- Subscribe to our updates at www.BrianHolmes.com
- Subscribe to the podcast via iTunes, Stitcher, Blackberry, Zune, or other services.
- Share this with your friends and associates on Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Google+, etc.
- Leave your comments (bottom of this post) and dialogue with others as they work towards their own freedom and development
I trust that something we’ve shared today has challenged you to pursue God’s very best for your life, be healed from the past, be transformed in your mind and heart, and be activated to fulfill your unique purpose and destiny.
If you’d like to COMMENT ON THIS EPISODE, please go to BrianHolmes.com, go to the show notes for this episode and scroll down to the comments section. I would love to hear from you— comment, question, or whatever.
I’d also be grateful if you would RATE OUR PODCAST ON iTunes. That helps tremendously with making my podcast visible, so people who have never heard it can discover it. I’m grateful.
“Until next time, remember … You were made in His image, designed for a purpose, and are destined for greatness. God Bless!