- What does it mean to BE WHOLE?
- How does one know if they are somehow fragmented or broken?
- What are the signs or indicators that some area of our life needs attention or healing?
On this episode, we will be talking about ‘7 Steps That Lead To Personal Wholeness’.
I Thes. 5.23
Now may the God of peace Himself sanctify you entirely; and may your spirit and soul and body be preserved complete, without blame at the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ.
‘Wholeness’ speaks to a STATE of being whole. Being whole is to be complete … nothing missing; nothing broken; all things together and working as they were designed; all the pieces in their place; all parts working at 100%. We were created by God to achieve; to accomplish; to create; to contribute; to be happy; to be fulfilled.
How Does It All Work?
We are three parts:
- Spirit: Represents HEADSHIP or leadership in the individual life
- SOUL: The will, emotions, thoughts/mind, memories, wounds, beliefs, etc.
- Body: The physical body; it’s health and wellness; appetites and cravings; actions and outcomes
Unresolved Issues That Prohibit Whole Living
- No relationship with God
- Disconnected from spiritual roots
- Spiritual abuse or issues with church experience
- Angry with God over loss
- Divorce Parents
- Emotional Wounds
- Low self-esteem
- Limiting beliefs (EPISODES 12-13)
- Soul Ties
- Other Health Issues
These and other issues perpetuate UNHEALTHY living and prohibit us from living a WHOLE life. In order to BE WHOLE, I must be willing to address areas in my life that need attention, and CHANGE whatever must be changed to see improvement and progress
7 Steps You Can Take That Lead to Personal Wholeness:
1. Build on the right foundation –
- Invite Jesus Christ to truly be the Lord of your life; this is the foundation to wholeness
- He has redeemed you to Himself
- His healing and grace is available to you
- All you have to do is receive it
- He will provide the strength you need to become WHOLE
2. Take an Honest Look
- Are you happy with your life as it is?
- Do you believe that there is MORE for you than what you are currently experiencing?
- Are you willing to acknowledge and confront your own ‘stuff’ in order to see real and lasting change take place?
- “You cannot change what you are not willing to acknowledge” – Dr. Phil McGraw
3. Make A Decision For Change
- Nothing changes until something changes
- Identify the changes you desire to SEE
- What will it take to create those changes
- DECIDE – : to make a choice about (something) : to choose (something) after thinking about it; to choose whether or not to believe (something) after thinking about it : to reach a conclusion about (something) because of evidence; to cause (something) to end in a particular way : to determine what the result of (something) will be
4. Examine Your Heart
- Where were you hurt?
- By whom?
- Is there unforgiveness in your heart?
- Are you toxic?
- What limiting beliefs have you adopted?
- What tragedy or loss did you experience?
- Who disappointed you?
- Who abandoned you?
- What leader let you down?
5. Open Your Heart
- Sometimes we have stuffed things away so deeply that we are afraid to open our hearts
- Open your heart to new relationships
- Open your heart to trust again
- Open your heart and allow people to be close again
6. Do The Work
- Be willing to seek out help
- Be willing to confess (then you can be healed)
- Be willing to feel the pain for a moment
- Be willing to grieve if necessary
- Be willing to forgive
- Be willing to fight for your future
7. Be Accountable
- Share what you are working on with a friend, family member, pastor, or mentor
- Hire a Life Coach or Counselor
- Be willing to be accountable
Next week, I will be talking about, ‘Finding Your Voice’ with my great friend Joel Boggess.
Be sure to leave us a question at www.BrianHolmes.com and we will do our best to answer it in the show.
- Become A Coaching Client – I have 3 openings for personal coaching clients. If you would like to have ME coach you in your business, general life strategies, or in any other area, please CONTACT ME for a free 30 minute consultation.
- If you would like to have me speak at your church, conference, or event, please visit my speaking page at www.brianholmes.com/speaking
- I am attending the PLATFORM Conference with Michael Hyatt and Ken Davis in November 2013. This conference is for those who desire to build a significant PLATFORM for their business, message, or product. For more information, visit www.platformconference.tv. Use discount code: HOLMES for $100 off
- Become a Certified Professional Coach – Our next class will be held in Dallas, Texas on November 15-16, 2013. For information on this LIVE class, or, for information about our One-to=One Online training, please visit www.brianholmes.com/become-a-certified-professional-coach
How can you join the conversation and be a part?
- Subscribe to our updates at www.BrianHolmes.com
- Subscribe to the podcast via iTunes, Stitcher, Blackberry, Zune, or other services.
- Share this with your friends and associates on Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Google+, etc.
- Leave your comments (bottom of this post) and dialogue with others as they work towards their own freedom and development
I trust that something we’ve shared today has challenged you to pursue God’s very best for your life, be healed from the past, be transformed in your mind and heart, and be activated to fulfill your unique purpose and destiny.
If you’d like to COMMENT ON THIS EPISODE, please go to BrianHolmes.com, go to the show notes for this episode and scroll down to the comments section. I would love to hear from you— comment, question, or whatever.
I’d also be grateful if you would RATE OUR PODCAST ON iTunes. That helps tremendously with making my podcast visible, so people who have never heard it can discover it. I’m grateful.
“Until next time, remember … You were made in His image, designed for a purpose, and are destined for greatness. God Bless!